PRAYER ITEMS (February 17, 2022)
Psalm 145:18 “The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.”
I. KINGDOM CONCERN
A. GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH – Los Baños, Laguna | Pas. Noel Espinosa
News and Thanksgiving
- We finalized our budget for the year 2022. Our financial reports indicate that the Lord has provided for us abundantly. We give thanks to God for this. Pray for wisdom and faithful stewardship in our use of the resources that the Lord entrusts to us.
- Pastor NAE completed his pulpit series in January in preparation for stewardship of church finances. He preached on the subject: “Danger: Love of Money.” We thank the Lord for the welcome reception of the messages.
- A couple in our Church will be exchanging marital vows in the first week of February. Pray that the Lord will bless their marriage.
- The Church has been in live-stream services the past few weeks as Laguna is still in a tight quarantine. Pray that the Lord will continue to bless His Word despite the limitation of the means.
- We are in consideration of taking a worker for the Church on a full-time status. Pray for the means to be available, and for the brother to be committed to the work of the Church.
- Continue praying for the conversion of those who hear the gospel in the service (online and assembly). May the Word already implanted generate conversion. Pray for Zeph Lobo, the only unsaved member of a family that belongs to the Church.
- Our Prison Ministry is sustaining its virtual Bible Study every other week. Several inmates have tested positive for COVID. Pray for their healing. Pray also for the BJMP staff who join the Bible study.
- Our campus ministry, Reformed Campus Ministry (RCM), will resume on opening of UPLB in the first week of February. Pray that our new round of weekly webinars may be fruitful in conversion and instruction.
- Pray that the Lord will sustain the health of Pastor NAE as he continues to work in office every day. GMA is scheduled to open on Feb 3. Pray for strength for the added work and more wisdom.
- Pray for our missionary, Mark Acsay, and his family in Thailand. Mark has undergone endoscopy. He is now awaiting results of the pathological tests. Pray for a fruitful ministry in Ratchaburi where he leads a small congregation.
- Our men are rotating in leading the brief meditation which precedes the Prayer Meeting done online. Pray that out of this, some men will emerge with the gift of ministering the Word.
B. FIRST REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH OF VALENZUELA | Pas. Aries Liboro
- We give thanks to God, that all of the members who were infected by the virus in the recent surge have now all recovered.
- We continue to give thanks for God’s provision in these difficult times.
- We have several new regular attendees. Some are non-professing Christians – please pray for their conversion. Please pray that those profess to be believers may follow in baptism and become members of the church.
- Please pray that under level 2 – we will be able to run our children’s Sunday school program.
- Please continue to pray for the conversion of the many young people who attend our youth ministry. Please also pray for the salvation of our own children.
- Please pray for spiritual growth among all the members and that this will be seen in everyone’s zeal in personal witnessing.
- Please pray for wisdom for pastor Aries as he continues to lead the church.
- We are planning to hold a couples fellowship this February, please pray that this will be a blessing and source of strengthening our marriages and that our family life may give glory to God.
C. TRINITY BIBLE CHURCH – San Pablo City, Laguna | Pas. Rodel Lasco and Pas. Froilan Rivera
We praise and thank God for the following:
- For the 39th-anniversary thanksgiving service last Dec 26 with Pastor Froilan Rivera preaching
- Sister Cely has gone home to be with the Lord last Dec 7. We thank God for the orderly wake despite covid, and for the preaching of the Word during her wake.
- For the church’s annual musical night on Dec 30 that we were able to enjoy the time of informal fellowship.
- For the continuation of numerous Bible studies, both in-person and via the internet
- For God’s presence in our worship services
Please pray for the following:
- For the annual meeting of the church on Jan 29, that we may be thankful for God’s dealing with us in 2021 and that we may be able to plan our programs and activities for 2022.
- For our outreach in Victoria/Calauan, Laguna for continued growth and faithfulness to the Lord
- For the Providence Reformed Baptist Church in Tayabas, Quezon that God may provide a pastor for the congregation. Please pray for our member, Bro Rojune Aldemo who is handling the pulpit ministry for now.
- For the newly-formed Trinity Bible church in San Fernando, Pampanga, that God may grant wisdom and strength to Pastor Jaypee and deacons, David and Archie.
- For the Elim Reformed Church in San Pablo City that its preacher Bro Jonathan Cortez may be strengthened by the Spirit as he leads the church.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
- Sunday School – The Incarnation of Christ | 1689 LBC
- First service – True Faith | Importance and Elements
- Second service – The Blessedness of God’s Discipline (Heb 12:5-8)
2. Sunday services
- Continued delight in sanctifying the Lord’s day
- Good internet connection and audio
- Safety of all who attend the physical gathering at church
- Preachers: SS – Pas. Clyde, 1S – Pas. Mike, 2S – Pas. Alex
3. Other ministries
- Thanksgiving for the ministries last week: Tuesday and Friday Bible studies, Annual meeting, Day of prayer and fasting, Children’s Sunday school, Youth Bible studies
- Friday – Pas. Rolly (Evangelistic Bible study)
- Sunday – Sis. Abi (Level 1), Sis. Brigette (Level 2), Bro. Carl (Level 3)
- Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
4. Church discipline
- May God use the enacted discipline to call our brother to repentance and be restored in the fellowship of the church
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
- Physical and spiritual preservation and provision
- Gian (Feb 14) – continued maturing in the Christian life and conformity to Christ in the Christian walk.
- Chalsea (Feb 17) – Thanking God for giving me the greatest gift I could ever receive, which is eternal life through Christ alone, for the forgiveness that can only be found in Him. Truly, God is merciful and compassionate. Prayer request would be for the healing of my family, for dad’s coughs, and kuya’s condition. Most importantly for their spiritual healing. May God have mercy on them, and may they trust only in the Lord. Also asking for prayers for my last stretch as a college student. Lord willing ggraduate na po sa June. May He grant me grace for zeal and perseverance in my studies, that I may glorify His name. Nawa’y sa lahat ng panahon ay maging mabuting testimony ako, may love for Him overflow and maipakita ko sa actions ko.
- Let us continue to pray for those who are sick: Gels, Pas. Boy, Sam, etc.
- Covid situation
- Economy – Employment and businesses
- Russia and Ukraine situation