PRAYER ITEMS (February 25, 2021)
Psalm 84:8 – 12 8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; Give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah. 9 Behold our shield, O God, And look upon the face of Your anointed. 10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. 12 O LORD of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You!
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
B. SCRIPTURE ALONE BAPTIST CHURCH OF SAN SIMON
News and Thanksgiving
- We come to God in humble thanksgiving for His generous outpouring of refreshing grace and common mercies that have fed both our souls and bodies with His goodness.
- Praise God that our three new applicants passed the initial (pastoral) interview. Their testimonies are now posted in our church for the members to read; may their testimonies be used for the edification of the saints; to the greater glory of God. We pray for God’s sustaining grace to prepare them for the final (congregational) interview.
- We praise God for using our live stream ministries in spreading the rich truths of God’s Word, especially our Reformed Bible Study (RBS) ministry. God has been blessing this ministry, especially our previous series on soteriology and ecclesiology.
- Pastor Ramen is now tasked with preaching and teaching engagements at SABC and GMA while performing the rest of his pastoral duties. We pray for God’s sustaining grace and keeping of physical health, so he will be able to perform these tasks effectively and efficiently.
- We are currently in the process of adding another deacon to our present two. We have gone through the initial process (nomination) successfully. Please, pray for God to grant the Church with collective wisdom to know His will and for Bro. Myzha Dela Cruz who is currently in the process of the diaconate.
- Pray for wisdom from God as we seek to have an additional pastor/elder in our church.
- It is sad news that our send-out missionary, Lester John Abella, a graduate of GMA, has a tumor between his brain and skull; he needs immediate surgery within 30 days. We pray for the strengthening of their faith during this time. While we are thankful that the tumor is benign, we still pray earnestly for the availability of a competent surgeon, a timely schedule in a credible hospital, appropriate procedures, and the provision for their financial needs.
- We continue to uphold in prayer our members who are attending our worship services in-person. May we remain COVID-free and that Pampanga will continue to improve its lighter COVID-risk status.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
- In our Sunday School, we continued in our study of our confessions. We learned of its uses, therefore let us be thankful for the many benefits that it brings, especially in the strengthening and preservation of the church. As we hold to the Bible as our supreme and final authority, let us also, therefore, be diligent to read and use our confession that derives its contents from it.
- In our first service, we were reminded of the great blessing of being forgiven of our sins solely on the basis of Christ’s finished work on the cross. May this exceeding grace given to us cause us to praise and worship Him even more, walking in holiness and humility; and as God has forgiven us, let us be forgiving towards others as well.
- In our second service, we were challenged to persevere in humble prayer and conduct. May we continue to conduct our lives in humility before God especially in our prayers, as well as before men in our speech and demeanor. May God grant humble and true repentance and faith to those who are not yet in Him.
2. Services. Let us continue to pray that God would grant us delight as we worship Him on His day. May we sanctify His day whether at home or church. Group A and C are scheduled to attend services at church this Sunday. Let us also pray for wisdom and power to those who will minister the Word of God.
- Pas. Clyde will teach in the Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
- Pas. Mike will preach in the second service.
3. Other ministries. Let us thank the Lord for the regular Bible studies that were held last week, plus the funeral service for Bro Noel Rubia, led by Pas Rolly last Saturday. May He continue to give wisdom to those who lead in our online ministries.
- This Saturday – Pas Rolly (Senior Moments @ 10am)
- This Sunday – Sis. Gerda (Level 1), Sis. Manolette (Level 2), Sis. May (Level 3), Bro. Simon (Youth Bible Study), Pas. Mike (Singles’ Bible Study)
- This Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us praise God for His mercy in keeping us amid the pandemic. May we continue to thank Him for physically and spiritually sustaining us.
a.) Bro Deo (2/19)
- Lumago po sa lahat ng aspeto ng pananampalataya, prayer, paglilingkod, love for Christ, brethren, wisdom din po to know more Christ.
b.) Sis May (2/20)
- Thanksgiving for His preserving mercies and continued grace in my life and my family.
- That as years are added, and the body grows old and frail, that the grace of God may be all the more gloried and reflected in my daily life.
- Continued thirst and love for God and His Word.
- Salvation of my whole family and loved ones.
c.) Sis Linda (2/23)
- Much thanksgiving po to God, first of all for His great salvation, His lovingkindness and sustaining grace all these 74 years to this Lola, even to my family!
- Thanksgiving pa din po for His church the MCBC, for through its elders and deacons, and the brethren, He sends His manifold blessings to our souls!
- The only cry and desire of my heart all this time, salvation of my family, my loved ones and relatives, even my friends!
d.) Sis Gerda (2/25)
- All praise and thanks to God for his continuous grace and sustenance as I go through with my everyday life.
- Praise Him for all the provisions and answered prayers that He has given me amidst the ongoing uncertainties.
- Please pray that He will continue to provide grace, protection, and wisdom as I go through the unexpected challenges that I received this year. May my actions glorify God always.
3. Frontliners Let us also continue to pray for our frontliners (see the full list here). May the Lord keep them from illness. May they continue to endure the challenges in taking care of the sick.
- Let us be in prayer for Sis Kristiana as she will return to hospital duty this Monday (tentative) and will undergo the required swab testing tomorrow. Please pray for favorable results as well.
a. Let us continue to pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Lola Nely, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Taps, and Pas Lester (Balaoan, La Union)
b. Let us pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Randy, Jun, Ludel, Neal, Amy, Marlyn, Lola Soledad, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr. and Mrs. Abagon, Renee, Melinda, and Gley Leonardo.
5. Comfort – Rubia & Mipalar family
6. Pregnancy – Dawn Junio
7. Travel – Sis Dinna from Dubai (Feb 26), Bro Carl (still in Bohol)
8. Employment. Let us continue to pray for the unemployed. May the Lord be pleased to grant them gainful employment soon. Let us also pray for those who are required to go to their workplaces. that they would be kept from the infection.
9. Nation. Let us pray for wisdom for our leaders as they seek to relax the community quarantine to boost our economy. May God restrain the spread of the virus once the relaxation is implemented. Let us pray that the procured vaccines are safe and effective. May the Lord continue to use us to proclaim the gospel for the salvation of sinners.
All groups will be allowed to attend the services at church starting March 7. However, we will still be evaluating this set-up for the whole month of March so as to guide and prepare us for the succeeding months.