Jn 17:6 “I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world, they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.”
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
1. TURKEY MISSIONS
2. SGBC San Pedro
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday:
- SS-May we be guided in our decision-making as to whether to be vaccinated or not by the Biblical guidelines that we received; may this issue not be a cause of disunity; may it also cause us to rest our faith in God’s sovereignty.
- 1S-In the midst of the reality of hostility to our faith, may we not react by taking justice on our hands but rather, like Jesus, look to God, trust Him, know His Word, and be guided and comforted by it. We are not alone in facing struggle but have the privilege of help from on high.
- 2S-May we be thankful that we have a kinsman-redeemer in the person of Jesus, who is just like us except for sin, willing and able to redeem us from bondage to sin and whose work on the cross was made known to the world. May we love Him more and hate sin more.
2. This Sunday:
- Pas Mike will take SS
- Pas Rolly will take 1S
- Pas Clyde will take 2S
Pray for help in preparations and enablement in preaching. Pray for God’s presence. Pray for unity of spirit even if we are not physically together. Pray for the spiritual growth of God’s people and salvation to those who are still outside of Christ.
3. Other Ministries:
- Children’s SS-Sisters Elaine, Brigette, and Alice will take Levels 1,2, and 3 respectively.
- Evangelistic BS-Pas Rolly;
- Fellowship BS-Pas Clyde.
Classes resume on Saturday; quiz on Friday. Continue to pray for Pas. Chanski as he teaches, Pas. Mike as he coordinates locally, and perseverance to all of the students enrolled.
Group 2 will be allowed to attend this Sunday.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks that amidst this pandemic, God sits on His throne and is in control of all. Our faith therefore should not be shaken; our God can be trusted to do us good. Whatever therefore our circumstances may be, may we look to Him for grace to continue faithful knowing that the work which He has begun, He will continue until the day of Jesus Christ. Praise Him for His mercy and goodness every day that passes.
Let us pray that they would not grow weary in caring for the sick; that they would get the support that they need from the authorities; that they would not be infected themselves. Pray for healing and the easing of hospital utilization; pray for availability and affordability of medications needed to heal the sick, especially those who are critical. (See the list here)
3. Sick Brethren:
Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Liza A, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Taps, Pas Rene, Pas Lester, Renz, Ranieses family, etc.
4. Sick Loved Ones and Friends:
Mr Luisito Santos, Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr and Mrs Abagon, Melinda, Gley, Mommy Ferrer, etc.
- Liza: May God help me to see that life’s difficulties like this crisis that we are all still facing are opportunities for me to seek God even more in my prayers; I also pray time and again for the salvation of my unsaved loved ones;
- Leila: For Nanay and for good health; for protection from covid for the family
- Pas Alex: For healing
- Deacon Jerry: Continuous protection from covid19, active evangelistic endeavors, more substantive contributions at work as Lord willing will be retiring by end of 2021, and to be a useful light and salt to everyone.
Let us pray for a safe pregnancy and delivery for Tintin, KC and Eva (CS May 8-10).
Amidst the high unemployment caused by the pandemic (approx 4M out of work), let us pray that the Lord would provide jobs for our unemployed members. Let us pray for those who work that they would be protected from infection in the workplace and in their commute. Let us pray for business to slowly pick up now that restrictions are gradually being eased.
8. Nation. Pray for wisdom to be given to our leaders as to how to address the WPS situation peacefully and yet effectively. Pray for the ongoing vaccination program: that vaccines would be kept safe, that vaccines would be efficacious, and that they would be available. Thanks be to God that infections are declining; pray that this trend would continue; pray that the Indian strain that is already here would not multiply. Pray for the people that they would not grow weary of following protocol and that proper disposal of medical waste would be faithfully undertaken. Pray that God would use the uncertainty of life that this pandemic has brought to point people to Christ.