James 4:8 “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
I. KINGDOM CONCERN
A. SOVEREIGN GRACE CHURCH | Pastor Rene Maramara
Concerns for prayer:
1. That we find a more suitable meeting place. Without experiences and the cosmopolitan nature of our church, we are open to any place even outside Metro Manila.
2. That we see genuine salvation from among those we were able to reach with the gospel through technology
3. Salvation as well for the children of Members and aging parents almost all active in participating in our services either face to face or online
4. That the Lord raise up men for church office especially eldership. Several names have been put up for nomination; one for the Eldership and 2 for the deaconate. Please pray that the church be guided in the process
5. With regard to my condition, while I desire and ask God for healing, I am more desirous to see this illness used by God for his glory, the sanctification and growth of the church, my family’s sanctification and of course my own sanctification.
B. THE NEIGHBOURHOOD CHURCH – Caloocan, Quezon City | Pastor Joel Bigueta
Praises and Petitions:
1. For the coming 40th TNC church anniversary on the last Sunday of May.
2. For the financial provision to sustain the ministries of the church. Especially we are able to sustain financial assistance to our several members who have been affected since the pandemic started last year in March 2020.
3. For the 4 membership applicants and, Lord willing, will be admitted on May 30th.
4. For Christine and Cedric Valencia, who tested positive for the virus. Although having a mild case, pray for health recovery.
5. For the Ministry of the Word
- Praises for the concluding sermon series in Psalm 73.
- Pray for our Midweek Bible study lesson series on the Doctrine of the Church.
- Pray for the protection and health of Ptr. Joel, our sole elder and, most of the time, our weekly preacher- teacher.
6. Pray with us as we seek God’s direction for additional office bearers (elder and deacon) in the future.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
- In our Sunday School, we discussed God’s self-sufficiency, omniscience, holy sovereignty, and lordship. As His created and redeemed creatures, may we properly respond by continually worshipping, serving, and obeying Him.
- In our first service, we saw the contrast between two influential mothers. Let us pray for mothers. May they have a good influence on their children through their teaching and conduct. Let us also pray for fathers to lead in child-rearing. May they assist their wives and appreciate them for all their labors.
- In our second service, we were reminded of God’s work of grace in the life of Paul, Silas, and Timothy. May we continue to pray for salvation for the unsaved. May we manifest His grace in our lives as we humbly serve Him in whatever capacity He gives to us even in our weakness.
2. Services. Let us continue to pray for God’s presence in our services. May we be united in spirit in worship though we are not all in the church building. Let us continue to seek God’s help in sanctifying and delighting His day. Let us pray for wisdom to those who will minister God’s word.
- Pas. Mike will teach in Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
- Pas. Clyde will preach in the second service.
3. Other ministries. Letus thank the Lord for the Bible studies that were held last week: Children’s SS, Tuesday BS, and Trafalgar BS. Let us continue to pray for our online ministries.
- Saturday – Pas. Rolly (Evangelistic Bible study)
- Sunday – Sis. Elaine (Level 1), Sis. Brigette (Level 2), Sis. Alice (Level 3), Bro. Simon (Youth)
- Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us praise God for His mercy in continually sustaining us amid this pandemic. He has graciously met our needs both physically and spiritually. May we have a grateful heart as we count all the blessings we received from Him. Additional:
- Brenda and Edwin – The result of their recent swab test is negative.
- Dani – She has recovered from Dengue. Her swab test result is also negative.
- Eva – She has safely given birth to a healthy baby boy.
- Carl (May 12) – Una, taos pusong pasasalamat sa Panginoon sa dinagdag niyang taon sa akin. Panalangin ko lang lagi una ang patuloy na paglago sa kaalaman patungkol sa Diyos at pananampalataya sa kanya. Eto ang nagbibigay talaga ng lakas at rason para magpatuloy tayo sa lakad natin mapa-spiritual man o sa buhay natin. Kaligtasan ng mga mahal ko sa buhay especially Camille. Maayos na kalusugan sa ating lahat sa gitna netong pandemya. Kung lolobin, tuloy tuloy pa rin nawa ang trabaho namin. Sa Diyos lahat ang kaluwalhatian.
3. Frontliners. Let us continue to pray for strength for our health workers (see list). May God keep them from the virus. May He grant healing to those who are currently ill. May they persevere in their calling.
a. Let us continue to pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Liza A, Johnny, Louie, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, Taps, Pas. Rene, Pas. Lester, Renz, etc.
b. Let us pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr. and Mrs. Abagon, Melinda, Gley, Mommy Ferrer, Luisito Santos, Lita, Mike Sison’s family (Norma, his mother, Christine, his sister, his 2 nieces), etc.
5. Pregnancy. Let us pray for Tin and KC for safe pregnancy and delivery.
6. Employment. Let us pray for gainful employment for those who are without a job. Let us also pray that God would sustain the businesses of our brethren amid a struggling economy. Let us pray for preservation for those who report to their offices.
7. Nation. Let us pray that the number of infections will continue to go down. Let us continue to pray for our leaders as they manage the present concerns: pandemic, providing financial assistance, economy, territorial dispute, etc. May God grant them wisdom and unity in addressing these issues. May we also be patient and cooperate with our government. Let us also pray that God would use His churches to call sinners to Christ amid the crisis.