“Hallowed be Your Name.” May our prayers express the desire that God’s name be honored and glorified in everything that we do, whether as individuals in our particular callings, or as a church, in our ministry and service. Our Father in heaven deserves no less!
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
1. Let us pray for Pas. Boy Juntado of our sister church in Naga City. He has been diagnosed with what his doctor highly suspects as malignant goiter. This finding will be confirmed by a biopsy which was done earlier today. Let’s pray that the result would be negative and, if not, that proper treatment would be given. In view of this, the Naga church would be joining our online worship this Sunday as Pas. Boy has been given a time of rest.
2. Let us pray for the Grace Covenant Bible Church in Iligan City. Pas. Gerry Regencia will give a live report of their current situation and on-going ministries.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. SOCA. Let us give thanks to God for how He has preserved us as a church these past six months. In spite of the lockdown which has kept us from personal fellowship, congregational worship, mass evangelism, and has somehow affected our church finances, our three Sunday meetings and corporate prayer continue. Opportunities for relief have also come our way. Pray that things would get better these next six months of the year.
2. Let us give thanks to God for the past Sunday’s ministries. In our Sunday School we saw that Christian fellowship takes place in the fitting context of the one-body, one-family relationship of believers in the local church and should result to oneness and mutual care. In our First Service, we meditated on the first petition of the Lord’s prayer and were reminded to take into account the glory of God in our adoration and praise, in our prayers for obedience, trial, speech and salvation. In our Second Service, we were reminded of the putting away of the old man and the putting on of the new man in Christ and that this involved the present reality of the renewing of our minds. May these messages be God’s instrument for our growth in the area of fellowship, prayer and holiness in the Christian life.
3. Let us pray for this Sunday’s ministries. Pas Clyde will take the Sunday School; Pas Rolly will take the First Service; Pas Mike will take the Second Service. Pray for help in study and enablement in preaching. Pray for minimal distractions to those who follow our services online.
4. Let us pray for the Children’s Sunday School and Youth Bible Study. This week, sisters Ruth, Elot and May will take Levels 1,2 and 3 respectively and brother Simon will continue to be the Youth Bible Study leader. May the lessons be interesting for both the children and the young people attenders.
5. Sunday Attendance. Since we have been allowed to accomodate 10% of our building capacity at GCQ, we are allowing one group every Lord’s day to physically attend the services. The order of the groupings will be chosen and announced tonight. Let us pray that there will be cooperation and strict adherence to our safety protocols.
6. Relief Operations. Let us pray for continued wisdom and guidance with respect to the allocation of relief funds. We have helped the Sovereign Grace Christian Church in San Pedro with respect to their relief operations and help to our brethren in Batangas City, Sto Tomas, and Agoncillo, all in Batangas province are underway.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for His continued protection and care for each one of us during this pandemic. In spite of the high incidence of infections at this point in time, we have been kept safe. Let us unceasingly pray that God would keep us from sickness and give us good health for us to serve Him better.
2. Let us not forget to pray for those who labor at the front lines in hospitals and health care centers (see list) that they would be kept from getting the disease as they care for their sick patients
3. Let us continue to pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Lola Nely, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Tina, Edna.
4. Let us also pray that the Lord would use sickness for good in the salvation of loved ones:: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Baby Boy Az-Zain, Lola Soledad and others.
5. Let us continue to pray for our members who have returned to work that they would be kept from infection in light of increased cases of covid19 in the workplace. Let us pray that those who are under quarantine would turn out negative for the virus. Let us also pray that the Lord would provide job opportunities to those who are presently unemployed.
6. Let us pray that God would be pleased to prevent a further spread of the virus and that people would exercise their responsibility of taking care that they do not get infected. Continue to pray that the government would make wise decisions as to how to address the currently challenging situation of the country. May God have mercy!