“For God is the King of all the earth; Sing praises with a skillful psalm. God reigns over the nations, God sits on His holy throne.” Psalm 47:7-8
Considering what is happening now, the world may seem to be out of control. There is panic because of the pandemic. There is chaos in many parts of the world. There have been disasters. But amid all these, one truth remains unchanged: God sits as King of all the earth. May we be encouraged to pray earnestly as we are coming to the Lord who is the Sovereign ruler of all things.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Pastor Willy Obrador of Santa Cruz Baptist Church will give an update concerning the Lord’s work in Batangas
II. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us thank God for His preserving mercy. May He continue to grant us good health and keep us from the disease amid the rapid increase in the number of those that are being infected.
Let us give thanks to God that Bro. Louie (fever), Lola Nely (high blood pressure), and Lisa Putal (stomach pain) have recovered from their illness. Let us also thank the Lord for providing employment to Bro. Jonjay in Canada.
2. Let us continue to pray for our medical front liners (see the full list here). May they be kept from being infected. May the Lord grant healing to those who are infected. Let us pray that they will not grow weary in taking care of the sick.
3. Let us persevere in praying for our sick brethren:
Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, and Pamela.
- Let us continue to pray for Rico as he is still confined in the hospital. May his body respond to the medications. Let us also pray for his wife and two children as they show mild symptoms. They are in home quarantine as they wait for the results of their swab test.
- Let also us continue to pray for our brother from SGCC. He is still confined in the hospital due to pneumonia but his condition has improved. Let us pray for his family who had direct contact with him. Let us thank God that they are all asymptomatic.
4. Let us also continue to pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick:
Mr. Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Baby Zain, Lola Soledad, Mrs. Abagon, Mrs. Briones, Bryan, Maia, Amy, and others. May God grant physical healing. May He use their sickness for their salvation.
5. Let us thank God that KC safely delivered a healthy baby boy, Albert Juacin, by cesarean section. Let us pray for her quick recovery. May the Lord keep them from being infected as they stay in the hospital.
6. Let us pray for the members concerning their employment. May those who have returned to work be kept from the virus. Let us pray for those who are greatly affected because of MECQ. Let us also pray for those who are presently out of work that the Lord will provide gainful employment for them.
7. Let us pray for Pastor Rolly and his family as they need to relocate. May the Lord lead them to the right place and provide for their needs. May God grant favor to their loan application in PAG-IBIG.
8. Let us pray for Bro. Josiah’s thesis proposal defense tomorrow. Pray for wisdom and guidance in delivering the purpose of his research.
9. Let us pray for our nation. May God have mercy and contain the spread of infection. Let us pray that the government’s decision to revert to a more stringent restriction would help curb the rise of infections. Let us continue to pray for our leaders that God would give them wisdom as they make difficult decisions in addressing our current problems. May the Lord use this crisis to call people to repentance and faith in Christ.
III. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for the word we heard last Sunday.
In our Sunday School, we considered mutual service as an element of fellowship. We were reminded that we are free in Christ to serve one another. We are to use our gifts for the common good of the church. May we seek to find ways on how we can serve one another even amid the pandemic.
In our first service, we were reminded of our need to ask God for forgiveness. As sinners, we still sin which affects our relationship with God. May we come to Him humbly confessing and repenting of our sin. Praise God that He is a forgiving God.
In our second service, we were challenged not to grieve the Holy Spirit by continuing in sin. He has sealed us for the day of redemption. May we continue to walk in accordance with His will.
2. Let us pray for the preachers this Sunday. Pastor Clyde, Rolly, and Mike will lead the services. Let us pray for help and wisdom in their preparation and power as they preach. Let us pray for a stable internet connection. May there be no technical issues during the live streaming of the services.
3. Let us pray for the Children’s Sunday School, Youth, and Singles’ Bible Study. Sis. Kemi, Sis. Mano and Sis. Melba will teach in Level 1, 2, and 3, respectively. Bro. Simon will teach in the Youth Bible study. Pastor Clyde will lead the Singles’ Bible Study.
4. Let us pray for the spiritual condition of some members who are showing signs of concern. May they not continue in the dangerous path that they are treading. May the Lord grant wisdom and help to the elders in dealing with them.
5. Let us thank God that some of the members of Group 1-4 were able to attend the church the past Sundays. Since we have reverted to MECQ, we have decided to suspend the group attendance. May the Lord grant grace to those who worship at home that they will delight in the Lord and His day.