Psalm 91:1-4 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most high Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!” 3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper And from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with His pinions, And under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Grace Reformed Baptist Church (Calauag) – Pas. Romy Endaya
- We thank God that we are able to resume in-person gathering this month after we had been locked down last July due to covid infection of several members.
- Several members of our outreach in Quezon, Quezon had been sick lately, with covid-like symptoms, but we thank the Lord that they are well now.
- Last week, the members—including the ladies—have volunteered in the backfilling of earth materials into the foundation of the new church building that we are constructing. We thank the Lord for the cooperation of the brethren, by which we were able to save labor expenses.
- Please pray for our Youth and Children’s ministry, since children are already being allowed to go out with minimum health protocols, we are planning to resume our Sunday School with limited attendance.
- Bro. Noli Layman is under medication for several health problems, so right now he is not able to help in the ministry as he is on leave indefinitely. Please pray for strength and wisdom for Pastor Romy that he may be able to bear the load of ministry both in Calauag and in Quezon, Quezon.
- Please pray that may God bring us able men who can help in the ministry and later raise up for us a deacon who will assist Pastor Romy.
- Pray for our Quezon brethren that they may be able to join our online ministries in the meantime that we cannot yet resume our in-person gathering there.
- Pray for the revision of the Tagalog translation of Sam Waldron’s 1689 BCF Modern Exposition—may the Lord grant Pastor Romy strength and diligence that he may be able to do it the soonest possible. Thank God that Dr. Waldron and Evangelical Press have given us permission to distribute for free PDF copy of the Tagalog translation. Pastor Steve facilitated the request for permission.
- Pray for conversion of our attenders, among them: couple Mike and Ann Moreno, with their children, Miguel and Abi; Gerty Paraiso, husband of our member, Thelma; John Ong, husband of our member Cely.
Hong Kong –Pas. Thomson Chung
New Jersey visit (June)
- Mother’s passing
- Meeting his grand son
- Meeting Pas. Martin in Pas Smith’s home
- Encouraged to see the Lord raising up younger men aspiring for the work of the ministry
Hong Kong (Aug 7)
- Quarantined for 2 weeks (was supposed to be released Aug 20)
- looking forward to return home and be reunited to the church
- Bro Ryan Wong (diaconal candidate) greatly used by God to lead worship services and afternoon Bible studies during their absence.
Trinity Bible Church (Haiti) – Pas. Francisco Guzman
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
- Sunday School – The Christian’s Hope (Rom 5:14) The certainty of our hope is from the reality that it is from God, being grounded in the work of Christ, and having been given the Holy Spirit as a seal of promise that culminates in the return of Christ. This then affects the believer by giving a real and perpetual joy and at the same time perseverance in holiness.
- First service – Hope for the Hopeless (Psalm 119:81-88) We saw the internal as well external struggle and sufferings of the psalmist. Those who hate God’s laws slander and persecute him, causing inward struggles and weariness to his soul. His hope of revival is upon God’s loving-kindness, according to His word, and such strengthening enables him to continue to obey His commands even in the midst of opposition and persecution. May we pay heed as well to such an example and apply the same attitude in our struggles as we walk in obedience toward God.
- Second Service – The Fall of Man (Gen 3:1-5) We looked at the occasion prior to the fall of man where we saw the tempter, the tempted, and the temptation. We saw how the Devil twists and perverts God’s word and character in order to deceive. We are therefore encouraged to be sharp and clear in our grasp of God’s word, and not be ignorant of the schemes of our enemy that wants our destruction and downfall. We were also reminded to watch and pray that we will not be a weak and easy target by the Devil.
2. Services. Let us pray for help in sanctifying and delighting in the Lord’s day. May we profit from His Word that we may apply it in our daily lives. Let us pray for wisdom and guidance for those who will bring God’s Word to us this Sunday.
- Bro. Mario will teach in Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
- Pas. Mike will preach in the second service.
- No in-person gathering still.
- Friday – Trafalgar BS (Pas. Rolly)
- Saturday – Senior Moments (Pas. Rolly) / RBIPT
- Sunday – Sis. Abi (Level 1), Sis Elot (Level 2), Sis Melba (Level 3) | Singles BS (Pas Clyde)
- Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us continually thank the Lord for His continual mercies upon us all especially in the midst of challenging situations. Not only have we been sustained physically but spiritually as well.
- Safe travel and negative test results for Sis Dinna
- Mr. & Mrs. Abagon released from hospital already.
2. Birthday – Sis. Susan Asis (Aug 20)
- Praise God for His faithfulness and goodness for the past years
- For the grace of protection, preservation, and provision
- For the grace of maturity and humility from reflecting in the providence of this pandemic.
- Salvation of loved ones
- trust, hope, and peace for the family and everyone amidst this pandemic.
3.Front-liners. Let us persevere in praying for our front-liners (see the full list here). May the Lord graciously preserve and strengthen them and their families. May the Lord be merciful also in convicting the health department to release the necessary compensations.
Those who tested positive with COVID-19 and those who have symptoms, Ryan Borja (suspected gallstone- under medication), Gil (therapy), Dodong (Released from the hospital already. Recovery), Bro Johnny (chronic headache-under medication). Liza A (check-up)
5. Pregnancy – Tin & KC’s safe pregnancy and delivery.
6. Employment and businesses. Let us continue to pray for brethren who are still seeking for job-opportunities. May God bless and grant favor to their efforts so that they may provide for themselves and their families. Let us also pray for the entrepreneurs that God will give them the wisdom in managing their businesses as well as clients that would generate profit to sustain their businesses and workers. Let us pray for all who go to their workplaces that the Lord would preserve them from infection.
- Let us pray for continuous preservation and safety amidst the rising number of cases (esp with the D-Variant)
- God’s use of the means implemented (restrictions/quarantines) to curb the spread of infection.
- Let us continue to pray for wisdom and guidance for the government to appropriate the necessary and efficient measures in addressing the pandemic (care for health workers, implementations of health protocols, vaccine purchases and vaccination scheduling of LGUs, etc.)
- The wisdom and guidance as well in the managing the economic welfare of the nation.
- Let us also pray for righteousness as well as peace and order within our country (allegations of corruption, crime, rebellion, factions, divisions, etc.).