1 Timothy 6:17 “Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.”
Prosperity brings about great temptations. The Bible reminds us that we should not be arrogant in the time of prosperity. It also reminds us not to put our hope on temporal riches. Instead, we should humble ourselves and put our trust in God. He is the fountain of every blessing. He graciously provides life, breath, and all things for us to enjoy. Therefore, our hope should be in God and not on the things of this world. May we come in humble dependence to God who abundantly supplies us with all things. May our hope be fixed in God alone.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Pastor Erwin Cadalin of Sovereign Grace Reformed Christian Church will give an update concerning the Lord’s work in Morong, Rizal.
II. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us praise God for His mercy in sustaining us amid the pandemic. May the Lord continue to give us good health and keep us from the infection. May He preserve us not only physically but also spiritually.
2. Let us keep on praying for our medical front liners (see the full list here). May they be kept from sickness and may God heal those who are sick among them. Let us pray that they will continue to be faithful to their calling in taking care of the sick.
3. Let us earnestly pray for our sick brethren:
Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, and Pamela. Let us thank God that our four brethren from SGCC have recovered from COVID-19.
- Let us pray for healing for the brothers-in-law of Sis. Bhe:
Jose Tamesis Jr., who has kidney disease and Pastor Roland Resuello who has a nervous disorder. He is undergoing therapy and is getting better. Though he has difficulty speaking, he is still able to preach. May the Lord guide them both to the right treatment.
4. Let us continuously pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Amy, Baby Zain, and others. May He use their sickness for their salvation.
- Let us pray for Mamerto (Deacon Fiel’s father). He has mild pneumonia and intermittent fever. He is quarantined at home as they wait for the result of his swab test. Let us pray that he would respond to the gospel shared with him by Deacon Fiel.
5. Let us pray for comfort for the Lapid family. Mr. Pong’s younger brother, Domingo, died on Tuesday. Sis. Linda and Sis. Rosanna was able to share the gospel with his family. May God use this sad occasion for their salvation.
6. Let us pray for the members concerning their employment. May those who report to work be preserved and kept from the infection. Let us continue to pray for those who are currently unemployed. May God grant them gainful employment. May He also give wisdom and help to those who are engaged in business. May the Lord sustain their businesses amid the great challenge in our economy.
7. Let us pray for Pastor Rolly and his family as they need to relocate. May the Lord guide them as they seek a new home. May He also provide for their needs.
8. Let us pray for Viljohn and Flor as they prepare for their wedding. May He provide for their needs as they prepare for marriage. May they be kept from temptation. Let us pray that they would be able to come to Manila for their pre-marital counseling with Pas. Alex.
9. Let us pray for our nation. May God have mercy and contain the spread of infection. Let us pray that the government’s decision to revert to a more relaxed restriction would not result in a rapid rise of infections. Let us continue to pray for our leaders as they address the numerous problems of the country – pandemic, corruption, terrorism, etc. May these trying circumstances cause people to turn to Christ as their only hope for salvation.
III. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Let us thank God for the word we heard last Sunday.
In our Sunday School, we saw that mutual edification is the duty of every member of the church. Let us seek to build up one another through our speech, the use of our spiritual gifts, and the self-denial of our lawful liberty.
In our First Service, we were reminded of our responses to church discipline. If we are the offender, we should be concerned and not take church discipline lightly. The discipline should convict us of our sins and lead us to repentance. As members of the church, we should be humble and cautious. Let us demonstrate our love by encouraging the offender to repent and be restored.
In our Second Service, we were challenged not to lose sight of our true identity as Christians. We belong to Christ who redeemed us from the bondage of sin. May we conduct our lives according to our true identity.
2. Let us pray for the services this Sunday.
- Pas. Clyde will take the Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will take the First Service.
- Pas. Mike will take the Second Service.
May God give them wisdom in their preparation and power in preaching. Let us also pray that there will be no distractions during the live streaming of our services such as slow internet connection and poor audio quality.
3. Let us pray for our online Bible Studies. Let us thank God for all the Bible studies held last week. Let us pray for those who are involved in our online Bible studies.
- Pas. Rolly and Pas. Clyde separately leads Bible studies every Friday (Trafalgar) and Tuesday (open to all).
- Bro. Simon leads the Youth Bible study every Sunday. This Sunday, Sis. Gerda, Sis. Elot, and Sis. Acel will teach in the Children’s Sunday School.
4. Let us pray for one of our members who has been disciplined. May the discipline of the church serve its purpose in calling her to repentance. Let us show our love and concern for her by reaching out to her and encouraging her to repent and be restored.
5. Let us thank God that some members of Group 1 were able to attend the worship services at church last Sunday. This Sunday, members of Group 2 are allowed to come to church. Let us pray for those who worship at home that they will continue to sanctify the Lord’s Day. Let us pray for one another that there will be a delight in Him and His worship on His day.