Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.”
I. KINGDOM CONCERN
GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH (Paciano Rizal, Bay, Laguna)
Pastor Noel A. Espinosa
News and Thanksgiving
1. We have begun having our physical assembly in our Sunday afternoon service. The capacity allowed is only 50%, but we are thankful just the same that members in community residence can gather together. Visitors also join us. Pray for Bro. Ferdie Facundo who leads in the ministry of the Word for this assembly.
2. We continue our live-stream virtual service for Sunday morning with Pastor Noel ministering the Word. We thank the Lord that we have had no disruption of connectivity thus far. We are also reaching hundreds of viewers. Pray that this ministry may prove fruitful for the conversion of sinners and edification of the saints.
3. We started an on-line ministry of Bible study in our student ministry in UPLB. We had our first last Oct 13
with around a hundred in zoom-attendance, as well as, via FB. This is intended to be a weekly forum on various subjects. Pray that the Lord may prosper this ministry for the students.
1. Grace Ministerial Academy (GMA) is ongoing. Our ministry of Holding the Rope (HdR) is helping a number of students financially. Pastor Noel and the other tutors have been able to adjust to the new normal of teaching on-line. We are able to reach more students. Pray for enabling Pastor Noel to do his dual ministry.
2. Pray for our member, Bro. Ike Barile, who is enrolled in GMA. He is the leader of the Brotherhood in our Church. Pray for discernment as to the Lord’s calling for him.
3. Pray for our missionary Mark Acsay and his family. Mark is now regularly ministering in a Filipino Christian group in Ratchaburi, Thailand. He is still preparing for his mission work in Myanmar by learning
4. Pray for the health of Pastor Noel and family. He goes to office daily. Thanks to the Lord for preservation
from infection. May he be sustained.
5. Continue praying for the conversion of those whose hearing of the gospel in the service has been disrupted. May the Word already implanted generate conversion. Pray for Daniela Barile – the only one unconverted in a family of all church members.
6. We thank the Lord for preserving the health of our members during this pandemic. Pray for the most vulnerable among us – the children, the seniors, and those with co-morbidity.
7. Pray for direction for our benevolence ministry, Kalinga sa Nilikha. We thank the Lord for our work being cited by Laguna organizations in this work of benevolence. But we are after the Lord’s glory being manifested to those we are reaching out with help. Pray for more logistics.
II. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us not cease in thanking God for His preservation. He has continually kept us not just physically but also spiritually amid the pandemic. He has also kept us safe during the storm. May we continue to bless the Lord for His goodness to us.
2. Frontliners. Let us continue praying for our medical frontliners (see the full list here) that God would keep them from getting sick. May the Lord grant them strength and delight in fulfilling their calling.
Let us pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, Kobe, and Fernandez family.
Let us pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Randy, Jun, Ludel, Neal, Amy, Grace, Marlyn, Sofia, Lola Soledad, Bobot, Rian, and others. May God use their illness for them to be saved.
4. Funeral. Let us pray for comfort for the Francisco Family as they grieve the loss of Mrs. Lupe (Butch’s mother). Pas. Rolly has been invited to preach in an online funeral service next week. Let us pray that it will push through. May God use this sad occasion for the salvation of loved ones.
Pastor Rolly (October 29)
1. Thanks be to God for long life and the continued opportunity to serve Christ in His church.
2. Thanks be to God for the love of the brethren.
3. Pray for continued growth in the fruit of the Spirit and in mortifying sin.
4. Pray for good health and protection from covid.
5. Pray for the salvation of loved ones.
6. Employment. Let us continue to pray for those who seek a job that God would provide gainful employment to them. Let us pray for preservation for those who are required to report to their offices. Let us also pray for those who are engaged in business that God would guide them in order to sustain their business during this time of the pandemic.
7. Nation. Let us praise God that our government has loosened the restriction on religious gatherings. Let us continue to pray for help for our leaders in addressing our nation’s current problems – pandemic, typhoon, a struggling economy, etc. Let us pray for those who are affected by typhoon Quinta. May God use our difficult circumstances to call sinners to Himself.
III. CHURCH CONCERNS
In our Sunday School, we were reminded of what it means to trust in the Lord. It is more than just head knowledge. It is resting in God and His word. It entails not leaning in our own understanding and acknowledging God in all our ways. May we continually trust in the Lord.
In our first service, we were warned against overconfidence. May Israel’s tragic experience keep us from living carelessly. May we remember our proneness to depart so as not to put our trust in ourselves. May we put our confidence in Christ, who keeps us from stumbling.
In our second service, we were reminded of the means of grace that we should constantly avail to triumph over our remaining sin. May we continue to pray, read God’s word, and to be immersed in the fellowship of God’s people. May we be determined to use these means to help us in our daily battle with sin.
2. Services. Let us pray for those who will teach and preach this Lord’s Day. May the Lord help them in their preparation. May God use them to strengthen believers and to call sinners to repentance. Let us pray for fewer distractions in our worship services.
- Pas. Mike will teach in Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
- Pas. Alex will preach in the second service.
3. Online Bible Studies. Let us continue to pray for wisdom to those who are involved in the weekly Bible studies. This Sunday, let us pray for Sis. Kristiana, Sis. Elot, and Sis. Mel D., who will be teaching the children. Let us pray for Bro. Simon and Pas. Clyde who will teach in the Youth and Singles’ Bible study, respectively.
4. Discipline case. Let us pray for our sister to return to Christ. May she remember the goodness of the Lord and lead her to repentance.
5. Church Attendance. As more people will be allowed to attend our services in church, let us pray that God will preserve us from the infection. Let us pray that everyone will follow our safety protocols. May we rejoice that more members can come to church to worship the Lord and fellowship with His people. Let us also remember to pray for those who still have to stay at home on Sundays. May they continue to delight in His day of worship.