“The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.” Jam 5:16b.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
A. REDEEMED BY GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH
1. The Year 2020 has been a crucible period for us. Before the end of the first quarter when the National Capital Region (Metro Manila) underwent lockdown, our employed members were instantly jobless, our church worship gathering was disrupted, and radically affected our church collections. We hardly can help our needy brethren as our funds are limited. Despite our meager means and through the small contributions we did our Lord has blessed it to help our brothers and sisters. God indeed works in mysterious ways!
2. Although our church door was literally closed during the lockdown the Lord opened another door to minister His word to the members and attendees. We thank God for enabling Pastor Diego and Eve ability to do a Facebook Live Stream recording in their home. We also thank the Lord for sustaining our sole pastor in preaching every Lord’s Day and teaching Bible Studies during weekdays. The Live Stream became a means of grace to us since we were all at home. Praises too that the Lord sustained the medications of our pastor and kept him active through these months.
3. Our physical gathering is ongoing but on a very limited scale. We can only accommodate 23 persons due to social distance. Non-members are deferred in attending as the 23 seats are prioritized to members. Should distancing be implemented until next year we have no option but to continue Live Streaming in our worship services. We covet your prayers for provisions that we can expand our meeting place vertically.
4. Thanksgiving that Jiro Francisco, a member is a graduating student of Grace Ministerial Academy. An amazing testimony of God’s faithfulness to those who will trust His ways and not lean on one’s strength. He was gainfully employed but when he decided to enroll in GMA he resigned from his work to be a full-time student.
5. Pray for a member who was recently tested Covid 19 positive. He is asymptomatic. He will be monitored for 10 days and if no symptoms arise will be certified fit to work. Pray that there will be no symptoms and a speedy recovery in the span of ten days.
6. We mourn and yet rejoice for the demise of an elderly female member who is now with our Lord. She was a cancer patient thus her battle for pain is over and rejoicing with the saints in heaven beholding Jesus Christ. We are scheduled to do funeral services, pray for conversions as God’s word is preached. Pray for comfort in the family.
7. Pray that as the year ends it will be indelibly impressed in our hearts that our God is the Sovereign Ruler of the heavens and the earth and therefore prepare us for new challenges in the coming year.
B. TAGUM COMMUNITY BIBLE FELLOWSHIP
1. Thanks be to God for the fruit of their street evangelism prior to the pandemic; a whole household now regularly attends because of that ministry; pray that present restrictions would ease so that this ministry would resume.
2. Pray for a longer stay in their present meeting place. The owner of the property has signified that he plans to take over the place next year.
3. Because of the meeting place situation please pray for wisdom and guidance as they seek to purchase on easy terms an available vacant lot in a nearby subdivision where they could put up their facilities and meet permanently in the future. Pray for provisions.
4. Praise God for at least 12 regular attenders every Sunday. Pray for Bro Jonard and Bro Clint (who preaches twice a month) that the Lord would be their help in preparation and preaching. Pray for clarity of God’s will regarding covenanting the believing attendees into a church.
5. Pray for new opportunities of Bible study with regular attenders.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries. In our Sunday School, we were informed of the distorted sense of justice that Marxism espouses and was warned, especially the youth, not to be subtly influenced by this essentially atheistic philosophy. May our sense of justice and ethics be always Biblically grounded. In our First Service, we were taught what it means to wait for the Lord, that it is not a passive activity but one that seeks God Himself and expresses trust in Him, submits to His providence, and obeys His word. When in God’s waiting room, may we all be found waiting on God rightly. In our Second Service, we were encouraged to be patient in enduring earthly suffering as all of this has an end with the coming of Christ. We were given the example of Job and the prophets and were shown that the outcome of their sufferings showed that the Lord is full of compassion and merciful.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries. Bro Mario will teach Sunday School; Pas Rolly and Pas Alex will preach in the first and second service, respectively. Pray for God’s help in preparations and preaching. Pray for His presence during the worship. Pray for the fellowship; this week we have groups A and B. Pray that the Lord’s day would be a delight for all who attend–whether at home or live.
3. Other Ministries. Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Kemi, Rosanna, and Acel will take Levels 1,2, and 3 respectively. Youth BS-Bro Simon will lead. Trafalgar BS-Pas Rolly will teach. Fellowship BS-Pas. Clyde will handle it.
4. Announcement: The online prayer meetings on Dec 24 and Dec 31 will partly be devoted to thanksgiving testimonies.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for His continued mercies to us as individuals and as a church. We do not deserve the least of His mercies and yet we receive them bountifully day by day. He cares for us, provides for our needs and supplies grace to grow even in these trying times. May He be continually praised and honored in our lives. Other thanksgivings include:
a. Viljohn and Flor’s Wedding
b. Mano’s Operation
2. Let us not grow weary praying for our frontliners (see list) that they would continue to be devoted to their calling of caring for the sick in this time of great need. Pray that their health would be preserved and their needs would be met. Pray that the recovery rate of their patients would increase and mortality rates would decline.
3. Let us thank God for those whom He has healed and press on praying for our sick brethren, namely: Pas. Alex, Pas Rolly, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Rose, etc.
4. Let us pray for the salvation of our loved ones especially those who are sick, to name a few, Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Lisa P, Mayet, Diego, Mr and Mrs Abagon, Renee, Maria, Melinda and Annabel, etc.
5. Employment. Let us pray for our job-seekers that the Lord would provide jobs where they can use their talents for His glory. Let us pray for our workers that they would be protected from covid19. Let us pray for our entrepreneurs that business would gradually pick up.
6. Housing. Please pray for our housing situation, that the Lord would lead us to the right place and provide for all of our needs.
7. Nation. Pray that there would be no surge of infections during these Christmas holidays and people would abide by established protocols. Pray for wisdom for the authorities as negotiations for vaccines continue; pray for the efficacy and safety of use of these developed vaccines. Pray for the salvation of sinners as they consider the uncertainty of life as reflected in the covid19 statistics.