Psalm 66:16-20 16 Come and hear, all who fear God, And I will tell of what He has done for my soul. 17 I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue. 18 If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not 3hear; 19 But certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. 20 Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer Nor His lovingkindness from me
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Sovereign Grace Christian Church (San Pedro, Laguna) – Pas. Jorge Gumop-as| Pas. Froilan Rivera
• Many of our members who got Covid had only mild to no symptoms at all. Many of them have recovered completely.
• The Lord sustained the church financially though we haven’t had our in-person gatherings since the last ECQ.
• God has extended his grace to Pastor Froi by giving him strength after being diagnosed with coronary artery disease and chronic kidney disease on top of his diabetes and hypertension.
• Several regular attenders of the church expressed interest in joining the church.
• Pastor Jorge also recently recovered from Covid.
• Pray for Pastor Froi as he address his heart and kidney problem with new medicines. He is now doing what is necessary to reduce weight in order to lower his blood sugar and high blood pressure. May God continue to sustain him financially also.
• We have several members who are positive with Covid: Oscar & Lorina Tablante (seniors), Moises Baron (with chest pain)
• Some loved ones of our members also have covid: Lola Lilia (90+) low oxygen level, mother of Lani Caparas (in ICU at Divine Mercy Hospital)
• Comfort for the Legayada family: Bro. Henry Legayada went to be with the Lord because of Covid.
• Ahn (daughter of Deacon Tony) collapsed twice. Pray that the cause be discovered immediately and treated properly.
• Pray for our broadcasts every Lord’s Day. Ask the Lord to empower the teaching and preaching of his Word through the gathering of his people by family. May discipline within home be maintained for maximum edification.
• Pray for our Montalban, Rizal outreach. We haven’t sent preachers since the last ECQ. May the Lord sustain the interest of the regular attenders there in the Word of God though they only hear it through our broadcasts.
Scripture Alone Baptist Church (San Simon, Pampanga) Pas. Ramen Caliwag
• Praise God that our members who were positive of COVID are now fully recovered. We specially give thanks that their cases were mild, and they recovered rather swiftly.
• Praise God that Pampanga is classified under MGCQ – thus we continue to hold physical service (with careful attention and implementation of safety protocols). We pray that the situation will not worsen for the province, so there will be no heightened restrictions.
• We thank God for the four (4) applicants that will be baptized on September 5, 2021. We pray that they will continue to persevere in their faith.
• As the pandemic lingers and the threat of Delta variant is very evident, we pray for the perseverance of each member, that we conduct ourselves not recklessly, but in prudence and faith, we will be able to hold our services as providence allows it and administer the sacraments and still function as a church.
• Pray for our newly established Women’s Fellowship held every Thursday evening via online. May this benefit our ladies that they grow deeper in their faith, and that this may be an avenue for them to encourage each other.
• Pray for our online Reformed Bible Study held every Tuesday evenings – may it continue to benefit out members, as well as those who are new to Reformation.
• Pray for Pastor Ramen for his load at SABC and GMA. May God enable him and keep him from sickness that he may continue to minister to the members which is very crucial nowadays.
First Reformed Baptist Church (Malinta, Valenzuela) – Pas. Aries Liboro
We give thanks to God for continually keeping us safe and providing for all our needs during this pandemic.
• Please continue to pray for those whose livelihood have been greatly affected by the recent lockdown – let us all continue to pray that the spread of the virus will be controlled that people can get back to work to provide for their families and we can get back to physical gathering for the worship service.
• Please pray for that each member will not neglect the means of grace available to them and that they may not neglect to pray and study God’s word. That each one may be vigilant so that we may not grow cold during this time that we are not able to physically meet.
• Please pray for Pastor Aries as he preaches on the church anniversary of Karangalan Grace Community Church (KGCC), 19 Sep 2021 (Sunday), 10AM – 12PM. It looks like it will have to be via online – due to the pandemic. Please pray that the internet connection may not be disrupted during the service.
• Pastor Aries preached a sermon during a memorial service [online] of a friend who died from covid 19. One of the parents who joined has called pastor Aries and is interested in forming a group so that they can encourage one another and hopefully pastor Aries will be able to give a short message during these meetings. Please pray that this will push through. These friends live around Malolos area. Pastor Aries is hoping to introduce them to one of the GMA students who is pastoring a church in Malolos so that they can be better ministered to.
• Please pray for pastor Aries as he continues to lead the church. May the Lord grant him wisdom.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
● Sunday School – A Zealous Christian Life. We were reminded of the importance of being zealous in our Christian life. As our circumstance and even remaining sin can cause our zeal to serve God to decline. That zeal not being misplaced because of ignorance but a zeal according to the knowledge of God’s word. We are therefore called to be zealous in our service/obedience to God not grudgingly but in delight. Pray for zealousness.
● First service – The Fall of Man. We saw in the Manifestation of Guilt that though God is a pursuing judge, He did not come to them as a consuming fire, rather in mercy and compassion. In it we also saw that sin brings shame and fear rather than delight in the presence of God. We also saw that instead of admitting (and repenting) of their sin, they blamed others (even God) for their predicament.
Therefore we are to be reminded of the misery that sin brings and be motivated to steer clear from it. Also, we are not to blame others for our own sin but be humble to confess and repent it as we are accountable before God. Admission of sin/ Admission of Guilt We saw the internal as well external struggle and sufferings of the psalmist.
● Second Service – Spiritual Coldness (Matt 24:12) We were reminded of the dangers of such coldness brought about by the abundance of lawlessness, not just around us, but also as God becomes a lesser object of affection for His people. This results to a lesser filial relation to Him because of sin, malicious thoughts toward Him especially in dark providences, lesser inclination to commune with Him, decaying love for fellow believers and indifference to the kingdom of God.
May we therefore pay close attention to our own hearts and evaluate our condition if we are already declining in coldness. If found to be, let us humble ourselves in repentance, mortification, and obedience.
2. Services. Let us pray for help in sanctifying and delighting in the Lord’s day. May we profit from His Word that we may apply it in our daily lives. Let us pray for wisdom and guidance for those who will bring God’s Word to us this Sunday.
• Pas. Clyde will teach in Sunday School.
• Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
• Pas. Mike will preach in the second service.
3. Other ministries. Let us thank God for the Bible studies last week (SS Kids, Youth BS, Trafalgar BS, fellowship BS). May He continue to help those who are involved in our online ministries.
• Friday – Trafalgar BS (Pas. Rolly)
• Saturday – RBIPT
• Sunday – Sis Chalsea (Level 1), Sis Brigette (Level 2), Bro Carl (Level 3)
• Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us continually thank the Lord for His mercies upon us all, being sustained both physically and spiritually.
• Thanksgiving for Pia’s negative test in spite of exposure.
• Thanksgiving that Trafalgar fire was controlled to one floor and there were no fatalities. May this be a wake-up call to our BS attenders.
2. Birthday – Sis. Bhe Ranieses (Sept 11)
• I am Praising God for all His goodness and mercies.
• Praying for God’s continuous protection and guidance and salvation of loved ones.
• More love for Christ , more love for brethren, and increase in faith.
• May God be praised and magnified in my life.
3. Front-liners May the Lord graciously preserve and strengthen them in the daunting task of caring for the rising cases of sick patients. May the Lord be merciful to convict the health department to release the necessary compensations and address their concerns. May the Lord also provide additional health workers as some have fallen ill while others already burned out. (See list here.)
Those who tested positive with COVID-19 and those who have symptoms, Johnny, Mr. & Mrs. Baylon, Gil, Pas Jepson, Pas Cris & family.
5. Pregnancy – Tin & KC’s safe pregnancy and delivery. Thanksgiving for the safe delivery of Nico & Chen’s baby.
6. Employment and businesses.
• Let us continue to pray for our job-seeking brethren. May the Lord be gracious in providing them with work as well as patience and provision in the midst of waiting.
• Let us also pray for the entrepreneurs that God will give them the wisdom in managing their businesses as well as clients that would generate profit to sustain their businesses and workers.
• Let us pray for the Lord’s preservation for all who go to their workplaces.
• Let us pray for continuous preservation and safety amidst the pandemic.
• God’s use of the means implemented (restrictions/quarantines) as well as the medication to curb the spread of infection.
• Let us continue to pray for wisdom and guidance for the government to appropriate the necessary and efficient measures in addressing the pandemic (care for health workers, implementations of health protocols, vaccine purchases and vaccination scheduling of LGUs, etc.)
• Wisdom and guidance as well in the managing the economic welfare of the nation.
• Let us also pray for righteousness as well as peace and order within our country (allegations of corruption, crime, rebellion, factions, divisions, etc.).