“I am the vine, you are the branches, he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.” Jn 15:5
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
A. GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH, BAY, LAGUNA
B. JUTICALPA, HONDURAS MISSIONS
C. GENSAN MISSIONS
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries. In our Sunday School we were reminded of the high priority of worship as our duty and delight as the people of God. We were not only created but redeemed for such a glorious purpose. May we thus count it a priority at the beginning of the year to give paramount importance to public worship and a life of worship to God. In our First Service, we were called to the duty of praising God even in the midst of all of the troubles of life. He is our hope and our help not just for the new year but for the rest of the year and for all time. May we look to Him and not to frail man to help us in the midst of life’s troubles and uncertainties. In our Second Service, we were reminded of the love of Jesus for us in that He suffered and became a curse for us that we might be spared from the wrath and judgment of God for our sins. May this motivate us to greater love for our Savior.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries. Pas Mike will teach Sunday School; Pas Rolly and Pas Clyde will preach in the first and second service, respectively. Pray for wisdom in preparations and help in preaching. Pray for His presence during the worship. Pray for the fellowship; this week we have groups A and B. Pray that the Lord’s day would be a delight for all who attend–whether at home or live. Pray as well for the salvation of those who are still strangers to grace.
3. Other Ministries.
Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Gerda, Mano and Carl will take Levels 1,2 and 3 respectively.
Singles BS-Pas Clyde will lead.
Trafalgar BS-Pas Rolly will teach.
Fellowship BS-Pas. Clyde will handle. Pray for wisdom with respect to new gospel opportunities.
4. Announcement: Our annual meeting will be held on Jan 24 (11:00-12:00 noon) after the 1st and 2nd service. The services will be moved one hour earlier.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for preserving all of us this past year. In spite of the dangers of the pandemic, God has kept us safe; in spite of the limitations in church life brought about by restrictions we were still able to worship Him as a church and serve Him as individuals in our various callings. Praise be to His name! Let us pray that in His mercy whether things would improve or stay as is, His worship would continue, His name would be glorified, and we would continue to grow in grace and serve Him as He gives us opportunity.
2. Let us not grow weary praying for our medical frontliners (see list) that they would continue to be faithful to their duty. We still need them as the pandemic has not yet subsided; the invisible war is not over. Pray also for other frontliners such as those involved in public service and those involved in implementing safety protocols in the streets. Pray for their safety and preservation.
3. Let us continue to pray for God’s healing and upholding of our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Jess and Mel, etc.
4. Let us also pray for the salvation and healing of loved ones and friends: Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Lisa P, Mayet, Diego, Mr and Mrs Abagon, Renee, Melinda, Vic and Mrs Drapite, Ching, etc.
5. Birthdays. Sisters Gina and Ingrid celebrated their birthdays this past week:
a. Gina-praise and thanksgiving for all of the things that God has done for me-to Him be the glory; praise and thanksgiving for the faithful preaching of all our pastors and dedicated service of our deacons; thanks to love and prayers of brethren to my family; pray for the salvation of Quitlong and Cardiel families and good health; please pray for God’s presence and power in my life.
b. Ingrid-More of thanksgiving po sa lahat ng blessings, especially forgiveness and support since last year. But also please pray for fruits of the Holy Spirit and guidance for my new journey this year in order to follow His will and continue to glorify Him. Also, for a job, I started lately lang to look for some. So sana i bless po ni Lord and guide me sa right company.
6. Employment. Let us pray for our job-seekers that the Lord would provide employment where they can use their talents for His glory. Let us pray for our workers that they would be protected from covid19 in the workplace. Let us pray for a return to profitability for those engaged in business.
7. Nation. Pray that the Lord would be merciful and prevent a resurgence of covid this year, especially as new strains are discovered. Pray for wisdom for the authorities as negotiations for vaccines continue; pray for the efficacy and safety of use of these developed vaccines. Pray for the salvation of sinners as they consider the frailty and uncertainty of life as reflected in the covid19 statistics.