Puritan Reformed Baptist Church (Lumban, Laguna) – Pastor Fidel Domingo
II. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us continue to give thanks to God for His mercies and gracious dealings. We are continually preserved individually and as a church from the infection that still lingers for almost a year already. In spite of this, we are still able to meet for worship and serve Him in our respective callings.
Ching (Sis Mano’s mom) has recovered from COVID and is now back to work. She sends her gratitude to the church for praying for her.
2. FRONT-LINERS. Let us continue to fervently pray for our medical front-liners (see the list here) as well as public servants that are in the frontlines of securing and maintaining public safety protocols.
3. SICK. Let us continue to pray for God’s healing and upholding of our sick brethren, namely: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Lola Nelly, Pas Boy Castaños (under prostate medication for 6 mos.).
Let us also pray for healing and salvation of friends and relatives: Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Lisa P, Mayet, Diego, Mr and Mrs Abagon, Vic and Mrs. Drapite, Lola Mia (Jam’s lola).
4. Employment: Let us pray for our job-seekers that the Lord would provide jobs where they can use their talents and skills for His glory. Let us also continue to pray for our workers to be protected from COVID 19 in their respective work place and travel, as well as the profitability of those engaged in business.
Pray for the Lord’s mercy that we will be spared from the resurgence and spread of the virus, especially now that there is already a case of the new strain here. May the Lord give wisdom and guidance to health and government officials in the procurement of the vaccines. May God be merciful in our nation’s blind and idolatrous fanaticism, may He remember mercy in wrath.
III. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries.
Sunday School – We were reminded to keep ourselves in the love of God (Jude 20-25). May we continue to build ourselves up in faith through the means of grace, as well as devote ourselves to prayer that we would keep and guard ourselves from growing cold in the love of God.
First Service- We were exhorted to bless God in praise and thanksgiving for what He has blessed us not only with mere physical and temporal blessings, but more importantly of spiritual and eternal blessings. May we be encouraged and motivated praise and thank God more rather than complaints; and to worship God even more in the midst of difficult and depressing circumstances in the present.
Second Service- We heard another timely reminder of our need to grow in the knowledge of God’s will that we may have a worthy walk as believers, bearing fruits to the glory of God. May this encourage us to persevere in such duty to fulfill by God’s grace as we begin this new year.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries. Pas. Mike will teach Sunday School; Pas Rolly and Pas Alex will preach in the first and second service, respectively. Pray for wisdom and guidance in their preparation as well as help in preaching. Pray that this coming Lord’s day would be a delight for all of us and there would be that eager anticipation of meeting with God. May the Lord bless us with His presence this coming Lord’s day.
3. Other Ministries:
-Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Elaine, Brigette, and Kayla will take Levels 1,2 and 3.
-Youth BS – Bro Simon.
– Kaingin BS (Sat) – Pas Rolly
– RBIPT2 Resumption this Saturday
4. Announcement: Our annual meeting will be held on Jan 24 (11:00-12:00 noon) after the 1st and 2nd service. There will be no Sunday School and the 1st and 2nd services will be moved one hour earlier.