3Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation. 4His spirit departs, he returns to the earth; In that very day his thoughts perish. 5How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, Whose hope is in the LORD his God. Psalm 146:3-5
A. KINGDOM CONCERNS
1. Grace Community Bible Church, Digos City – Pas. Jepson Pon
- For the grace He has given in the past year.
- For the brethren who helped Christian finish his studies.
- Additional able men to help in the ministry
- Salvation of regular attenders in worship, Bible studies, and Pas. Jepson’s sons: Joshua and Dave
- Lord’s Day preaching preparation
- Pas. Jepson’s healing from fever
2. Bagumbong Community Christian Fellowship, Caloocan City – Bro. George Santonia
- For preservation. None of them were infected of the virus.
- For the increase in attendance in worship, youth and children’s Bible studies.
- For the prayers and financial support of MCBC
- Spiritual growth of brethren
- Salvation of unsaved attendees.
- Open doors for Bible studies
- Continues growth in attendance in worship and Bible studies
- Financial provision for the ministry and Bro. George’s family
- Wisdom in leading the ministry and understanding His word
B. CHURCH CONCERNS
In our first service, we were reminded of the blessing of being predestined to adoption. Let us not cease to be amazed by God’s grace in our salvation. May we continue to praise Him for not only choosing to save from us damnation but also making us a part of His family through Christ. May we also conduct our lives as His children.
In our second service, we were challenged to abide in Christ. May we continue in His word and persevere unto holiness so that we will have cheerful confidence when Christ comes again.
2. Services. Let us continue to pray that God would grant us delight as we worship Him on His day. May we sanctify His day whether at home or church. Group A and B are scheduled to attend services at church this Sunday. Let us also pray for wisdom and power to those who will minister the Word of God.
- Deacon Mario will teach in the Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
- Pas. Mike will preach in the second service.
3. Other ministries. Let us thank God for the Bible studies that were held last week. May He continue to give wisdom to those who lead in our online ministries.
- This Saturday – Pas. Rolly (Senior Moments and Evangelistic Bible study)
- This Sunday – Sis. Ruth (Level 1), Sis. Elot (Level 2), Sis. Mel D. (Level 3), Bro. Simon (Youth Bible Study)
- This Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
4. Annual Meeting. Let us thank the Lord for an encouraging church meeting last Sunday. The Lord has been faithful to us as a church and we continue to look to Him as we press on.
5. RBIPT. Let us pray for the RBIPT class that will resume this Saturday. May God give wisdom to Pas. Dave as he continues to teach on 1689 Confession of Faith. Let us also pray that the students will be able to join the class again.
C. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us continually thank the Lord for His preserving mercies. May He continue to grant us good health both physically and spiritually. Let us thank God for Pas. Clyde’s recovery and the negative result of his swab test.
a. Bro. Kobe (Jan. 22) – Salvation of loved ones, more growth sa spiritual knowledge in Christ at work.
b. Sis. Eunice (Jan. 23) – Praise & thanksgiving to God for His preservation the past year. Please pray po for sustaining grace and good health.
c. Mommy O (Jan. 24) – She always prays and hopes for the salvation of my unsaved siblings, brothers in law, nieces, and nephews. Also, she is thankful to have reached her bonus years from God without serious ailments thus far. (From Sis. Mel D.)
a. Let us continue to pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Lola Nely, Mel, Jess, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, and Mario G.
b. Let us pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Randy, Jun, Ludel, Neal, Amy, Marlyn, Lola Soledad, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr. and Mrs. Abagon, Renee, Melinda, Vic Drapite, Lola Mia, and Ruby Ann.
4. Employment. Let us continue to pray for the unemployed. May the Lord encourage them during this time of waiting. Let us also pray for those who were retrenched from Trafalgar, especially those who have been attending the Bible study. May the Lord soon provide them jobs that fit their skills and abilities so that they can provide for their own needs and help others also. May the years of Bible studies bear fruit of salvation in this time of trial. Let us also remember to pray for our frontliners (see the full list here). May they continue to persevere in caring for the sick. Let us pray for those who need to report to their workplaces. Let us pray for Bro. Carl, who is in Cebu due to work. May the Lord keep them from the infection. Let us also pray for wisdom to those who are engaged in business.
5. Relocation. Let us pray for Sis. Mano and her family’s relocation to Cebu. Let us thank God that their COVID-19 test result is negative, and they have completed their travel documents. Let us pray for their safe travel tomorrow. May the Lord help them in their adjustment to their new environment.
6. Committal Service. Let us pray for the committal service of Ninnia Salazar on Monday, February 1 at St. Therese Villamor. Pas. Mike will lead the service. May the Lord use the preaching of His word to continue to comfort the family and to save the loved ones of Mr. and Mrs. Salazar.
7. Nation. Let us continue to pray that God would have mercy to curb the spread of the infection, especially that the new strain has been detected in our country. May He continue to help our leaders in the procurement of effective and safe vaccines. May people find their hope in Christ and not in the vaccine. May the Lord use us for the salvation of sinners.