Daniel 9:18 “O my God, incline Your ear and hear! Open Your eyes and see our desolations and the city which is called by Your name; for we are not presenting our supplications before You on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Your great compassion.”
I. KINGDOM CONCERN
A. Cubao Reformed Baptist Church
1 . Thanksgiving for the just concluded virtual Pastors’ Conference. We praise God for the successful holding of this conference. There were only minor glitches and our Tech group led by deacons Aldwin and Glenn were able to manage It. The average number of participants is about 200persons per day. The messages were a very practical exposition of God’s word addressing the theme “God’s Servant in Troubled Times”. We are thankful to our speakers: Ptrs. Jeremy Walker, Noel Espinosa, and Conrad M’bewe.
2. We are also thankful that as early as now we already got confirmation of one of the main speakers in 2022 in the person of Ptr. Robert (Rob) Ventura (USA). Please pray that next year we can be able to hold the conference through physical gathering.
3. We are also thankful for the granting of the renewal of the license to CCM by the DSWD.
4. For the testimony of Kim Rodrigo and Lord willing she will be accepted in March.
5. We are also thankful for the online membership class led by Ptr. Mon. We are getting an average attendance of 30 persons. We are not certain whether all of them would pursue membership after three months. Although we have ten of them who are already regular attenders and have formally expressed their intention to become members. We praise God for this blessing.
6. We are also thankful for the various online Bible studies that our men are leading.
- Young online learners Bible class: 10:00 – 11:30 am, Saturdays
- Friday book study at 8:00 PM.
- Membership class on Thursday at 6 – 7:30 pm
- Saturday Bible study of Ptr. Mon at 3:00 pm.
- Saturday Bible study of Ptr. Ismael with his relatives
- 5 Community Bible studies of Bro Levi Ilhig.
1. There are several weddings lined up this year: Bro. Yllor & MJ; Ptr Joseph & Sarah; Bro. Roggie & Hazel. Please pray for their preparation.
2. GMA Commencement Ceremony (in-person) on March 26 for 2020 graduates and April 29 for 2021 graduating students.
3. CCM needs additional social workers.
4. Our church outreach in Tondo (GRBC) has called Bro. Levi to be their acting overseer for one year. After one year they would decide if to continue as a church because of their present situation having key members who moved to different places and the effect of the pandemic. Please pray that they would be given wisdom after a year.
- The outreach church of CREC, Malibay Gospel Outreach (MGO) is being helped by CRBC with their pulpit need. Bro. Rob Tamondong is the regular preacher being sent there. The whole place is now in total lockdown because of the pandemic. Please pray the lockdown would be finished very soon.
- Bro. Emman Tamargo is also being called to be the pastor of GTFCC, Dasmarinas, Cavite. We are now in the process of teaching the responsibilities of the pastor and the church. Lord willing Emman will be ordained in October.
- Our two outreaches, Lord willing, will be covenanted this year – Marinduque and Montalban.
B. Sovereign Grace Church Makati | Pas. Tony Reyes
1. Sa kabila ng mahirap na sitwasyon ay nakapagpapatuloy kami sa biyaya ng Diyos na nakapagtitipon tuwing Sunday. Halos 90% na ang attendance at matatanda at mga bata lamang ang hindi pa nakakadalo.
2. Naitataguyod Niya ang renta ng worship place at ng aming tirahan.
3. Sa aking katuwang sa gawain na sila Mark at Juni.
1. Mayroong nag-aapply para maging member ng church at ngayon nasa proseso ng membership class, isang pamilya: mag asawa (2) at kabataan (4).
2. Sa kalusugan. matagal na ako hindi nakakapag pa check up dahil nga sa pandemic.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
- In our Sunday School, we were reminded of what faith is, its nature, and its fruit. May we continue to trust in God and demonstrate our faith through a life of consistent obedience to Him.
- In our first service, we saw that Jesus, as head of all things, is now executing God’s plan of salvation through the proclamation of the gospel. May we press on in sharing the gospel and in prayer for the salvation of sinners. May we also trust our Sovereign King in all circumstances of our lives.
- In our Lord’s Supper meditation, we were reminded of Jesus as the Lion of the tribe of Judah through Othniel. Christ is the ruler and deliverer of God’s people. May we continue to praise Him for saving us and thank Him for being our help in facing the challenges of life.
2. Services. Let us pray for help in sanctifying the Lord’s day. Whether we attend the services at church or online, may we delight in worshipping the Lord. May we profit from His Word. Let us pray for wisdom for those who will bring the Word of God to us.
- Pas. Clyde will teach in Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
- Pas. Mike will preach in the second service.
3. Other ministries. Letus thank God for the Bible studies last week. May He help those who are involved in our online ministries.
- Monday – Pas. Clyde (at Sis. Chippy’s restaurant), Pas. Alex (PEZA BS)
- Saturday – Pas. Rolly (Evangelistic Bible study)
- Sunday – Sis. Elaine (Level 1), Sis. Brigette (Level 2), Sis. Acel (Level 3), Bro. Simon (Youth Bible Study)
- Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
4. RBIPT. Letus pray for the RBIPT class that will resume this Saturday. May God give wisdom to Pas. Dave as he teaches chapter 5 of the Confession of Faith. May the students persevere in attending the online lectures.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Thanksgiving. Let us continually thank the Lord for His mercies. In spite of our challenging situation, He has preserved us and has provided for our needs. He has also sustained us spiritually. Let us praise Him for taking care of us. May He continue to keep us from the infection.
- Sis. Dinna – Negative result of her swab test
- Pas. Lester – Discharged from the hospital
2. Birthday. Roland (March 9) – Thanksgiving for God’s abundant mercy, for His preservation, protection, and provision for these trying times. Prayer requests: (a) sustaining grace at good health of my family, and (b) foremost, the salvation of loved ones, especially Yel and Bel.
3. Frontliners. Let us persevere in praying for our frontliners (see the full list here). May the Lord spare them from the infection. May the vaccine keep them from adverse effects of the virus. Let us pray that they will not lose heart in fulfilling their calling in helping the sick.
- Let us continue to pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Lola Nely, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Taps, etc.
- Let us pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Randy, Jun, Ludel, Neal, Amy, Marlyn, Lola Soledad, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr. and Mrs. Abagon, Melinda, Ruby Ann, Angelica, Gley, etc.
5. Employment. Let us continue to pray for the unemployed. May God bless their efforts so that they may provide for themselves and their families. Let us also pray for the entrepreneurs that God will give them the wisdom to sustain their businesses. Let us pray for those who go to their workplaces that the Lord would preserve them from infection. Let us pray for Bro. Carl, who is now in Ilocos due to his work.
6. Nation. Let us plead with God that the number of COVID-19 cases will not continue to increase. May the vaccines we received prove effective in slowing down the spread of the infection. Let us continue to pray for wisdom as the government strives to boost the economy and manage the pandemic. Let us also pray for peace and order. May God restrain the hearts of evil men who commit violence. May the Lord continue to use His church to propagate the gospel for the salvation of our countrymen.