Malachi 3:6 “For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
A. Ozamiz Reformed Baptist Church | Pas Cristy Docdoc
- Thanksgiving as well as continuous pleading for protection and perseverance in this time of the pandemic.
- Strength and wisdom for Pas Cristy. Thanks be to God for 2 other abled men who help him in leading and teaching every Lord’s day.
- Spiritual growth of the church. Elderly and immune-compromised are still prohibited by law to attend such gatherings, yet they are thankful for being able to gather for the whole day during Sundays (AM and PM services). These services are streamed live as well.
- Resumption and opportunities for Bible Studies.
- Additional elder
- Provision to purchase a property for the church.
- God’s mercy to put an end to the pandemic.
- Salvation of attenders (esp Pas Cristy’s daughters – Kia & Daniela)
B. Sovereign Grace Christian Chruch – San Pedro | P. Jorge Gumop-as & P. Froilan Rivera
- We thank the Lord that we have started this year with 7 people who were baptized to be members of the church and one of them is Justin, the son of Pastor Jorge.
- We thank the Lord for the opportunity to preach the gospel through funeral services not only for our members who died but even for those who are not part of the church.
- We are struggling with our live-streaming because we are only using data but last week, we started to enjoy our newly installed PLDT DSL. We thank the Lord for this provision.
- We thank the Lord that despite the restriction and this pandemic, the Lord continues to bring a good number of visitors to our assembly
- We are deeply saddened by the death of our member Alex Roxas but comforted that he is now with the Lord and enjoying the eternal rest from all the sickness and pain he had when he was still alive. Pray for comfort to his wife Mercy Roxas and salvation of his children: Almer & Tina
- We started to distribute gospel tracks in our community last Sunday. Pray that this will be used by the Lord to call sinners in our surroundings.
- Pray for the preservation of the health of our elderly members who are vulnerable to the virus: Ernie So (93 years old), Rico Lopez (97 years old), Mena Lopez (87 years old) Sonny Soronio 82 years old, Tita Gumop-as (79 years old), Oscar and Lorie Tablante (75 years old), Tony Villarino (73 years old), Rey Escalo (72 years old),
- We have two applicants for membership. Pray for discernment on the part of elders and they interview them
- Lufthansa Philippines is now asking their employees to do a voluntary resignation or else the company will cut 20 to 30 percent of their employees due to business setbacks. Our deacon Omar Franco is working in Lufthansa. Pray that his work would be preserved.
- Pray for that the preaching of God’s word every Lord’s day will be powerfully used for conversion of unbelievers and edification of the brethren.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
● In our Sunday School, we studied Chapter 1 of our confession that deals with the Scriptures. We praise and thank the Lord that He has revealed Himself and His will through His Word. Let us, therefore, respond in obedience to it in our lives. Let us also continue to cherish it by attending to the reading and meditating on it.
● In our first service, we were reminded of the heavenly, everlasting, glorious, and complete inheritance we have in Christ that far outweighs every earthly and temporal blessings. Let us, therefore, thank and praise Him for this; examine ourselves that our lives truly manifest that we are true recipients of this inheritance; and may we be comforted of this truth in the midst of the troublesome world.
● In our Second Service, we were reminded of the goodness and pleasantness of our dwelling together in unity as brethren in Christ. May the reminder of our blessed union and togetherness cause us to diligently preserve and persevere in unity as a church, bringing glory and praise to God and at the same time being a shining testament of God’s grace towards the lost.
- Services. Let us pray for help in sanctifying the Lord’s day. Whether we attend the services at church or online, may we delight in worshipping the Lord. May we profit from His Word. Let us pray for wisdom for those who will bring the Word of God to us.
● Pas. Clyde will teach in Sunday School.
● Pas. Rolly will preach in the first service.
● Pas. Mike will preach in the second service.
- Other ministries. Let us thank God for the Bible studies last week. May He help those who are involved in our online ministries.
• Saturday – Pas. Rolly (Kaingin Evangelistic Bible study)
• Sunday – Sis. Elaine (Level 1), Sis. Brigette (Level 2), Sis. Acel (Level 3)
• Monday – Pas Alex (PEZA Bible Study)
• Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
- Thanksgiving. Let us continually thank the Lord for His mercies. In spite of our challenging situation, He has preserved us and has provided for our needs. He has also sustained us spiritually. Let us praise Him for taking care of us. May He continue to keep us from the infection.
- Birthday. Bro Gerard (March 15) – Growth in grace and conformity to Christ, good health, and more zeal to serve the Lord.
- Frontliners. Let us persevere in praying for our frontliners (see the full list here). May the Lord spare them from the infection. May the vaccine keep them from adverse effects of the virus. Let us pray that they will not lose heart in fulfilling their calling in helping the sick.
● Let us continue to pray for our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Pas Rene, Pas Lester, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Lola Nely, Mel, Chippy, Delia, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Taps, etc.
● Let us pray for our friends and loved ones who are sick: Mr. Pong, Conrad, Randy, Jun, Ludel, Neal, Amy, Marlyn, Lola Soledad, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr. and Mrs. Abagon, Melinda, Ruby Ann, Angelica, Gley, etc.
● Mark Salazar ( Son of Bro Jess and Sis Mel) – Pray that the swab test result this sat will be negative. Currently under quarantine in Singapore.
- Employment. Let us continue to pray for the unemployed. May God bless and grant favor to their efforts so that they may provide for themselves and their families. Let us also pray for the entrepreneurs that God will give them the wisdom to sustain their businesses and workers. Let us pray for those who go to their workplaces that the Lord would preserve them from infection.
- Nation. Let us plead with God that the number of COVID-19 cases will not continue to increase. May the vaccines we received prove effective in slowing down the spread of the infection. Let us continue to pray for wisdom as the government strives to boost the economy and manage the pandemic. Let us also pray for peace and order. May God restrain the hearts of evil men who commit violence, and sowing of discord. May the Lord continue to use His church to propagate the gospel for the salvation of our countrymen.