“Glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You.” (Jn 17:1)
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
1. TRINITY REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH (Roanoke, VA) – Pastors Alpheus Atkins and Timothy Decker
2. GRACE REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH (Owensboro, KY) – Pastors Ben Carlson, Sam Waldron, Joe Wilson
3. AGKAWAYAN BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHURCH (Agkawayan, Occ. Mindoro) – Pas Cris Miranda
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries. (1) In our SS we saw that the honor of God is another crucial consideration in worship. We are to honor God for who He is and for what He has done to us. We were also reminded that if worship is to be Biblical it calls for a humble and sincere posture. May this be true of our worship. (2) In our 1S we saw the spiritual blessing of the sealing of the Holy Spirit. How grateful we should be that we have been given the Holy Spirit who works in us to authenticate us as true believers, to assure us that we are God’s children, and to preserve us that we do not fall away. May we not grieve Him but rather appreciate His work in us. (3) In our 2S we saw God the Father as the Father of mercies and God of all comforts who comforts us in all our afflictions in the various ways that He works this comfort. May we bless God for this reality and may we know by experience this comfort in the various afflictions that we experience in this life.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries.
- Pas Mike will take Sunday School;
- Pas Rolly will take the first service;
- Pas Clyde will take the second service
Pray for help in preparations and preaching. Pray for God’s presence in our worship. Pray for unity of spirit even as we cannot gather physically together. Pray for the spiritual growth of God’s people and salvation to those who are still outside of Christ.
3. Other Ministries. Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Kemi, San, and Mel will take Levels 1,2, and 3 respectively. Evangelistic BS-Pas Rolly. Youth BS-Bro Simon; PEZA BS-Pas Alex; Fellowship BS-Pas Clyde.
4. RBIPT2: Classes resume on the 24th. Continue to pray for help to Pas. Chanski as he teaches, and Pas. Mike as he coordinates locally and diligence to all of the students enrolled.
5. Important Announcement. Because the transition from ECQ to MECQ is more of a concession to economic concerns rather than a reflection of improvement in our health situation, your elders have found it wise, out of an abundance of caution, to continue restrictions of physical attendance for all groups until further notice.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for preserving us this past week. In spite of the surge of disease that we have witnessed recently up until today, most of us are relatively well and living out our normal day-to-day routines. Let’s pray for those who have been infected; at the same time, let’s give thanks for those who have healed. Let’s pray for continued protection especially to those who are high-risk but above all let’s pray for greater faith in God to believe that whatever circumstances come our way, it would be for our spiritual good and for His glory in us.
2. Let us pray for our frontliners (see list) that they would not grow weary in doing well and that they would get the support that they need from the authorities. Pray that as they care for those who are sick, that they themselves would be protected from infection. In this light, pray too that infections would so abate that our overwhelmed hospitals would find relief and unnecessary deaths would be avoided.
3. Let us pray for God’s healing and working in the lives of our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Taps, Pas Rene, Pas Lester, Renz, etc.
4. Let us also pray for God’s mercy in the salvation and healing of sick loved ones and friends: Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Maria, Mayet, Mr. and Mrs. Abagon, Melinda, Ruby Ann, Gley, Mrs. Naval, Abbie, Mommy Ferrer, etc.
5. Pregnancy. Tintin Shen, KC De Leon, and Dawn Junio
6. Anniversaries. Joey and Bhe-We continuously pray for God’s grace; sana patuloy kami gabayan sa aming pagsasama sa mga susunod pa na taon; may God always be in the center of our family and of our lives. Pas. Mike and France-Thanksgiving for God’s goodness and sustaining grace sa pagsasama namin as husband and wife, as well as parenting.
7. Employment. Amidst the high unemployment caused by the pandemic, let us pray that the Lord would provide jobs for our unemployed members. Let us pray for those who work that they would be protected from covid19 in the workplace and in their commute. Let us pray for business to slowly pick up now that restrictions are gradually being eased.
8. Nation. Pray for the salvation of our leaders; pray for common grace that they would lead well in addressing the pressing issues that affect our nation such as the pandemic, the territorial issue with China and food supply. Pray that people may see that there is a greater judgment coming to this world and their only hope for deliverance is none other than Christ and what He did on the cross. May sinners trust Him in the way of salvation.