“I am unworthy of all the lovingkindness and of all the faithfulness which You have shown to Your servant (Gen 32:10a).” As we come to prayer tonight, may we be found possessing the posture of undeserving sinners unworthy of the least of God’s mercies. God is infinitely good; instead of appropriating to us just recompense for our sins, in Christ, we receive His manifold blessing. May this encourage us to pray.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Let us pray for the Sovereign Grace Christian Church of San Pedro, Laguna led by Pas. Jorge and Pas. Froilan. Pas. Jorge will give a live report on their present situation as a church.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries. In our Sunday School we saw that bringing the gospel to tribal enclaves such as the Auca of Ecuador could involve the ultimate sacrifice of one’s life; but, the word of God does not return empty and even after those who broke ground pass away, God’s work continues and sinners are saved. In our First Service, we saw that if we are to be victorious over temptation it would only be by the grace of God. Let’s pray that God would help us to watch and pray lest we enter into temptation. In our Second Service, we were reminded of the duty of mutual intercession as an expression of the love of the brethren. May we be those who not only think of our own cares, many they may be, but may we cultivate the discipline and privilege of praying for one another.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries. Bro. Mario will take the Sunday School; Pas Clyde will take the First Service; Pas Alex will take the Second Service. Pray that the word would be clearly and powerfully expounded and that God’s servants would be kept from error. Pray for a spiritual blessing for those who worship live and for those who stream at home.
3. Other Ministries. Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Gerda, Elot, and Acel will take Levels 1,2, and 3 respectively. Youth Bible Study-Bro. Simon will lead. Trafalgar Online BS-Pas Rolly will teach. Singles Fellowship and Online BS will be led by Pas. Clyde.
4. Discipline Case. Continue to pray for conviction and repentance of a disciplined member.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for His preserving mercies to us as individuals and as a church. In spite of the continuing scourge of covid19 we are alive and well and continue to worship God as a church and serve Him as individuals in our various callings.
2. Let us pray for our frontliners (see list) that they would be kept from sickness and they would not grow weary in performing the duties that God gave them to do. Pray that the recovery rate of their patients would increase and mortality rates would decline.
3. Let us persevere in praying for our sick and disabled brethren, namely: Dairo Family, Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Pamela, San.
4. Let us pray for the salvation of our loved ones especially those who are sick-Pong and Conrad Lapid, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Baby Boy Az-Zain, Neal, Lola Soledad, Mamerto, Jose and Roland, etc.
5. Birthday. Let us pray for sister Elaine who celebrated her birthday last Friday. Her requests are: “thanksgiving for the work that I still have; salvation for unsaved loved ones; wisdom and faithfulness; more love for Christ.”
6. Wedding-Brother Viljohn and Sister Flor are now undergoing pre-marital counseling with Pas. Alex. Pray for their planned wedding on Sept 17.
7. Housing-Pray that the Lord would lead us to the right place and provide for all of our needs. We look to Him for guidance.
8. Employment. Let us give thanks that the Lord has graciously provided jobs for our unemployed. But let us also continue to pray for those who work in offices that they would be kept from infection in light of the risk of covid19 in the workplace. Let us pray for those who are engaged in a business that they would be given the wisdom to know how to face the challenge of a struggling economy.
9. Nation. Let us thank God for GCQ and pray that the situation would further improve bringing about a greater relaxation of restrictions for worship. Pray that the church would press on in its Biblical mandates such as worship, evangelism, and even ministerial training. Pray that people would see the hand of God in this pandemic and respond by placing their hope and trust in Jesus who alone can deliver from eternal harm.