“I will not let you go unless you bless me (Gen 32:26).”
This strange incident gives us a glimpse of Jacob’s heart–he was desperate for God’s help as he prepared to meet Esau; he wanted to be left alone to pray. God draws near to him in the process, engages Jacob in a prolonged wrestling match, and allows Jacob to prevail. It is a picture of striving with God in prayer in a time of great need. It is an attitude of not letting go of God unless He blesses us. In times of our own need, may Jacob’s example cause us to wrestle with God as well, persevering in prayer until as it were we prevail over God to give us His blessing. May there be something of that reality tonight in our time of meeting with God.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Let us pray for the Trinity Bible Church of San Pablo City led by Pas. Rodel and Pas. Alan. Pas. Rodel will give a live report of their present situation as a church.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries. In our Sunday School, we saw in the example of Habakkuk that during times of God’s mysterious providential dealings we are to wait on Him and live by faith. In our First Service, we were given a review of what fasting is and what the proper attitude in fasting should be. In our Second Service, we were shown that prayers for justice do have a place in our prayer lives but we must exercise great caution in praying such prayers.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries.
- Bro. Simon will conclude the book of Habakkuk in the Sunday School;
- Pas Rolly will continue with the sermon on the mount in the First Service;
- Pas Clyde will take the Second Service.
Pray that the Lord’s day would be a delight for all of us and there would be that eager anticipation of meeting with God wherever we are–whether at home or at the church building.
3. Other Ministries. Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Ruth, Bridget, and May will take Levels 1,2 and 3 respectively. Youth BS-Bro. Simon will lead. Trafalgar BS-Pas Rolly will teach. Singles Fellowship will be led by Pas Mike and Fellowship BS by Pas. Clyde.
4. Discipline Case. Pray that our sister would not harden her heart in sin but rather repent and return to Christ in the way of obedience
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for His preserving mercies to us as individuals and as a church. In spite of the continuing scourge of covid19, we are alive and well and continue to worship God as a church and serve Him as individuals in our various callings.
2. Let us pray for our frontliners (see list) that they would be kept from sickness and they would not grow weary in performing the duties that God gave them to do. Pray that the recovery rate of their patients would increase and mortality rates would decline.
3. Let us press on praying for our sick brethren, namely: Dairo Family, Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Chippy, Tina, Edna, San, Mano, Roland, etc
4. Let us pray for the salvation of our loved ones especially those who are sick, to name a few, Pong and ConradLapid, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Azain, Neal, Lola Soledad, Mamerto, Marilyn, etc
5. Birthdays. Let us pray for our quarantine birthday celebrators:
- Sis Bhe (9/11)-“I thank the Lord for His continuous grace and mercy in us. May He be glorified in my life and may I be a channel of blessing to others. Patuloy ang panalangin for the salvation of loved ones; sa aming family praise God si Pastor Roland almost back to normal na. But please pray for us and especially my sister and her three children as they mourn the passing of Kuya Jose.”
- Bro. Eval (9/15)-“Ok naman kami dito sa Samar; ipanalangin nyo na patuloy akong ingatan ng Panginoon at tulong din Niya para sa mga responsibilities ko dito as missionary.”
- Sis Raquel (9/17)-“Thanksgiving sa isa pang taon; we are under extreme ECQ sa barangay namin due to high number of covid cases, pray na humupa na at gumaan na ang restrictions; for Buchay (working in T1 na sana maingatan sa covid), si Dana sa work situation, si Zandrita sa kanyang kalusugan. Thanksgiving din na nakasakay na si Joey two weeks ago.”
- Bro Viljohn (9/17)-“Sana ma process na yung mga papers namin sa kasal at mas lalo pa ako lumago sa pananampalataya at maraming salamat kay God na sinasagot nya ang mga prayer dahil nagkaroon din kami ng mama ko ng communication at salamat din dahil iniingatan sila at naka recover sa covid; request din na maging normal na ang lahat.”
6. Wedding-Brother Viljohn and Sister Flor are in the process of undergoing pre-marital counseling with Pas. Alex and attending to the necessary legal requirements for their wedding, on Oct 11, Lord willing, at MCBC. Please pray for their preparations.
7. Housing-Pray that the Lord would lead us to the right place and provide for all of our needs. We look to Him for guidance.
8. Employment. Let us pray for those who are looking for jobs that the Lord would provide for their needs. Let us also pray for those who work in offices that they would be kept from covid19 in the workplace. Let us pray for those who are engaged in business that their businesses would survive the recession and would gradually return to profitability.
9. Nation. Pray for wisdom for our leaders in addressing the many issues that confront them foremost of which is the pandemic. Pray that covid19 would die down soon and life would return to normal. Pray for the salvation of sinners especially in light of the frailty of life as shown in the covid19 statistics.