I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
Bro. Enevald will give a live report on the status of the work in Baybay, Leyte in our prayer meeting.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for the word we heard last Sunday. In our Sunday School, we were given reflections on God’s Word during this pandemic such as the Sovereignty of God over all things and His care for His people. In our First Service, we were challenged to flee covetousness and live a life of contentment in light of God’s promise to be always be with us. In our Second Service, we were reminded that God’s Word is better than thousands of gold and silver, that we should choose His Word over money.
2. Let us pray for our preachers this Sunday:
- Pas. Clyde will take the Sunday School.
- Pas. Rolly will take the first service.
- Pas. Mike will take the second service.
Pray for help in preparation and power in preaching. Pray for good internet connection. Pray that we will delight in the Lord and in His day even though most of us worship at home at this time.
3. Let us thank God and pray for our continued relief efforts. We have engaged in a seventh wave of relief to members and attenders whose sources of income have been greatly affected by the lockdown. We were able to help the Bible study attenders at Trafalgar who have stayed in the building since the start of the lockdown. We have also sent relief to OFW accommodations (Bacolod, Cooper and McDivitt) whose viability have been affected by the pandemic. Pray for wisdom and guidance with respect to continued planning and implementation of relief operations.
4. Let us pray for the Children’s Sunday School and Youth Bible Study. This week, sisters Elaine, Bridgette and Acel, will teach Levels 1, 2 and 3 respectively and brother Simon will continue to be the Youth Bible Study leader.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us thank God for His preservation. May He continue to keep us from the disease and sustain us amidst the pandemic.
2. Let us continue to pray for our medical frontliners (see the full list here). Some updates:
- Praise God that Susana Balina RN, Sis. Ana’s sister, has recovered and is now back to her work.
- Pray for Dr. Mike Manera, Sis. Acel’s nephew, who tested positive for COVID-19. He is now in quarantine at PGH.
- Pray for Aiza Pugao RN, Jay’s wife, who is working at Holy Trinity Medical Hospital in Kalinga.
3. Let us not grow weary in praying for the sick among us, especially our members and friends who have critical illnesses: Annie, Acel, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Brenda, Tina, Conrad, Jun, Randy, and others.
- Pray for Dr. Abagon. Praise God for the successful operation. Let’s pray for his postoperative recovery and care. Pray that he will be spared from the infection as Dr. Mike who visited him has tested positive with COVID-19. He and daughter, Jenjen, are awaiting swab test results.
- Pray for Nanay Mons, Sis. Rosanna’s mother, who has just been discharged from the hospital. Pray for Mr. Ritual as he is the only one at home to take care of his wife.
- Continue to pray for healing of Pas. Mike’s wrist. Praise God that the X-ray showed that there’s no fracture on his wrist. It just showed ligament swelling that needs rest and rehab.
- Continue to pray for Nanay Belen from our sister church in Makati. She was supposed to be discharged from the hospital yesterday but because of the result of her X-ray her doctor advised her to remain in the hospital.
- Pray that Pas. Tony will recover from coughing as he will be preaching this Sunday.
4. Let us pray for Sis. Elot who celebrated her birthday yesterday (May 20). Pray that she will grow more in her faith, devotion and prayer life and that she will be more useful in God’s kingdom.
5. Let us pray for comfort for the Junio Family as they grieve the loss of Mr. Joven. Pas. Mike was able to preach at his funeral service last Tuesday. Pray that it will bring comfort and salvation to his loved ones.
6. Let us continue to pray for Erlie, Sis. May’s sister-in-law. She is due to deliver any time soon. Pray for safe delivery and a healthy baby.
7. Let us pray that our members will not be laid off from employment due to the negative economic effect of the extended lockdown. Let us also pray for those who are presently called to work as part of skeleton labor forces in essential businesses that they will be kept from sickness.
- Pray for Pam Asis and the rest of Asis family as one of her co-workers has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Pray for those who are presently out of work that the Lord will provide gainful employment for them after quarantine.
8. Let us continue to pray for our nation. Praise God for answering our prayers that Bgy. Moonwalk was not included on the list of barangays that will be placed under Strict Community Quarantine. As restrictions have been relaxed, let’s pray that this will not result to a rapid increase of infections. Let us continue to pray for wisdom for our president and his advisers as they decide on what will happen after May 31. Let us pray for our economy that it will be able to recover quickly from the effects of the lockdown.
9. Let us pray for conversions in our homes and even among our frontline health care workers. May this pandemic be used by God to call people to repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Join us for an online corporate prayer meeting at 7:00 pm tonight. Simply click on the live stream button on our menu (as shown below).
You can also choose to watch via our YouTube page – https://www.youtube.com/moonwalkcbc