“Praying in the Holy Spirit (Jude 21)” Praying in the Holy Spirit is an abiding posture that we must cultivate as we progress in the Christian life and await the return of the Lord Jesus. What does praying in the Spirit mean? It could mean praying with the Holy Spirit in our hearts (Prov 15:29), praying with the help and intercession of the Spirit (Rom 8:15), praying according to the sword of the Spirit (Eph 6:17), and praying with an ungrieved Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30). May this guide us in our prayers.
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
1. Christ Redeemed Gospel Church (Paniqui, Tarlac), Pastor Rey Villanueva
A. Thanksgiving-Patuloy na pag-iingat ng Panginoon sa aming kalusugan at pagpupuno Niya sa araw-araw naming pangangailangan; ang pagkakaloob Niya ng lugar na aming mapagtitipunan, kung loloobin Niya na sa darating na June 21 ay maaari ng dumalo sa pagsamba ang kalahati ng aming average worship service attendance.
B. Prayer-Ang karunungan at kakayahan mula sa Panginoon upang aming maipamuhay ang pangangaral at pagtuturo ng Kanyang Salita sa aming worship service at sunday school; ang spiritual enlightenment ng mga attenders tungo sa kanilang kaligtasan; ang pangunguna at gabay ng Panginoon sa aking pamamastol at pangangasiwa ng Kanyang kawan.
2. Molino Grace Bible Church (Molino, Cavite), Pastors Boy Dadula and Ronnie Gaad
A live report will be given by Pastor Boy Dadula.
II. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks for how He has preserved us during these past 2 and 1/2 months of quarantine. May He continue to have dealings with us during these extraordinary times.
2. Let us continue praying for our front-line health workers (see list) that they would be kept from infection and they would not grow weary in taking care of their patients. Pray for Dr Mike Manera, Acel’s nephew-the result of his latest swab test will be released soon; may it be negative for the virus.
3. Let us persevere praying for the sick among us, to name a few: Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Mel, Tina, Conrad, Jun, Randy, and others. Pray also in particular for the following:
- For the recuperation and physical therapy of Dr. Abagon, Acel’s dad, who is now home after being discharged last week.
- For Doc Edna Chacon of our sister church in Iligan; she was diagnosed with malignant breast cancer and underwent modified radical mastectomy this morning.
- For Mr. Ludel Aquino, Gina’s brother-in-law who was diagnosed with heart and kidney problems this week; pray for his salvation.
- For sister Pia C who has been having headaches and whose vertigo has returned; also for safety as some of their clients are rumored to have tested positive of covid.
- For Pas Alex as he consults with an ophthalmologist regarding a right eye problem which has affected his vision; may the Lord be pleased to give wisdom to the doctor and healing to Pas Alex.
- For Mr Pong Lapid who (from indications) suffered a mild stroke yesterday; except for slurred speech, all lab tests including brain scan are normal; pray that his speech would return; above all pray for his salvation as sister Linda untiringly reaches out to him with the gospel.
- For sister Mel Salazar-her recent x-ray yielded a good result; awaiting result of her 2D-echo.
- For Bobby Baylon, Dennis’ brother- has fever for 4 days now; hopefully not covid; may God heal and use this as a means of repentance and restoration to the Lord.
4. Let us pray for our recent birthday celebrators:
- Acel B-Thanksgiving for the Lord’s many answers to prayers (my health, Dad’s successful operation, financial provisions, more regular Abagon family prayer sessions, loved ones spared from covid virus and many more). “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness (Lam 3:22-23).”
(1) Healing and recovery for Dad. May this affliction draw him and our family closer to God. May God grant salvation to unsaved loved ones and strengthening of faith to those who are already in Christ.
(2) That I may have more love for God and His word.
(3) That I may have more love and compassion for the lost.
(4) That I may be steadfast and abound in the work of the Lord.
- Harvey H-spiritual growth in our life as a couple and the end of this pandemic
- Martin D-to be more matured in understanding God’s word, to grow in faith, and continually to use my gifts in serving our Lord and His kingdom; preparation for college.
5. Thanks be to God for the safe and normal delivery of Erlie, sister May’s sister-in-law; she is back home from the hospital. Pray also for KC, daughter-in-law of sister Chippy, who is on mid-term pregnancy.
6. Let us pray for our members who have returned to work that they would be kept from sickness and for those who commute, that the Lord would provide transportation. Let us also pray that the Lord would provide gainful employment for those who are out of work. Pray also for God’s preservation and help to Choy in Dubai. He is following our youtube streaming. Pray for brother Jake, as airlines retrench due to huge losses, that he would continue to be employed.
7. Let us give thanks to God that the covid19 infection curve has flattened and we are now under GCQ which means many restrictions have been lifted. Let’s continue to pray for a further decline in infection and death rates (not just here but worldwide). Let us also continue to pray for our president and his cabinet especially the secretaries of transportation, labor, health, education, and industry and those from the private sector connected with the reviving of our economy.
8. Let us pray for the conversion of sinners as we continue to reach out to the lost during this time of quarantine and pandemic.
III. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Let us praise God for the word we heard last Sunday and pray for its application. In our Sunday School we were reminded to be careful as to how we spend our Lord’s days in quarantine. May we be kept from profaning the Lord’s day. In our First Service, we were encouraged to hope in God and other sure and steadfast realities rather than to trust in the uncertainties of this world. In our Second Service, we were taught that having been fashioned by God as His masterpiece we must pray for understanding that we may know how to glorify Him through His word.
2. Let us pray for our preachers this Sunday.
- Pas Rolly will take both the Sunday School and first service;
- Pas Mike will take the second service.
Pray for wisdom and guidance in preparations and help in preaching. Pray for good internet speed and minimal distractions at home. Pray for delight in the Lord and in His day.
The Sornillo family (siblings and pamangkins of bro Nonoy and regular attenders of MCBC) I was told, “has been glued pag Sunday mornings sa MCBC on line preachings.” Pray that the Lord would have mercy and save them.
3. Let us pray for the Children’s Sunday School and Youth Bible Study. This week, sisters Bang, Mano and Alice will take Levels 1,2 and 3 respectively and brother Simon will continue to be the Youth Bible Study leader.
Join us for an online corporate prayer meeting at 7:00 pm tonight. Simply click on the live stream button on our menu (as shown below).
You can also choose to watch via our YouTube page – https://www.youtube.com/moonwalkcbc