Gal 3:26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”
I. KINGDOM CONCERN
A. DAVAO CITY REFORMED BAPTIST CHURCH | Pas. Boy Castaños
- Please pray for my health, it’s not good.
- Pray for our outreach in Bislig, Surigao del Sur led by Bro. Noel Talisay. May it flourish and be formed into a covenanted church in the near future.
- Pray for conversions: Romy, Erlyn, Romylyn and Junior Gray, Rona Vasquez and children. They are attending worship regularly.
- Pray for spiritual growth of church members and God’s blessing sa mga trabaho nila.
- We need His presence in every church gathering especially the Lord’s day.
B. Grace Covenant Baptist Church – Iligan City | Pas Gerry Regencia
- We thank the Lord for continually blessing us with His word and with his presence. In the morning, we continue our series on Hebrews 11-concerning The righteous shall live by faith. In the evening, we continue with the series on the gospel of Luke. For the time being, we continued to have live streaming in our evening worship. But we are looking forward to resuming our public gathering in the evening as well. One of the things we do at the end of every evening service is that we ask every member to update us of how they are doing where they are. Doing this has been the means of keeping the members close, updated and connected.
- Praise God for gospel opportunities. Just as the year 2021 comes to a close, we thank the Lord for opening some evangelistic bible study groups. In addition to existing bible study groups, three more were opened just recently–a bible study with College students, another bible study with Senior High Schoolers, and one on one bible study with the daughter of one of our church family. And there is also another group–of young professionals that has a potential of being organized into a bible study group.
- One such cause of our rejoicing as a church is the appointment of two men as Deacons. Last Lord’s day, the church had met to openly evaluate the qualifications of brother Boy and Jong, and then unanimously voted to recognize these men as Christ’s gift to his church. We have scheduled to formally install them to the office of Deacon on the first Sunday of January 2021.
- Two midweek group meetings of the men and of the women have been a source of blessing to the church. Since the middle of 2020, a group of six to eight men gather three times a week to listen to theological lectures. Just this week, we had just concluded the series of lectures on The End Times Made Simple by Sam Waldron. Also about that time, the Ladies Fellowship also began to gather once a week to work on some books for reading and discussion. The level of interest, participation, and commitment to gather remains high. Many have expressed thankfulness to the Lord for how these meetings had helped them spiritually during this time of the pandemic.
- Aside from inquiry to our livestream, we occasionally have visitors asking to join us in our virtual worship. But since last month, we have a young couple who now join our public gathering for worship. In their search for truth regarding the teachings and practices of charismatic, it led them to come to know of Reformed Theology. They found us as they googled for a Reformed Church in Iligan.
- Pray for our two Deacons that they would serve the Lord honorably and would show Christ compassion to his people. Pray as well for the support of the members to the labors of our new deacons.
- Pray for the Bible Studies that the Lord would save through it.
- Continue to pray for additional elders of the church. In particular, pray for a young man who has expressed some desire for the Christian ministry. I am having a once-a-week meeting with him to study about the Call to the Christian Ministry.
- We also have a reason to be sorrowful. We have two members who will be removed from the membership unless there is repentance and reformation. One member is no longer showing commitment to keep the responsibilities of church membership. Another reason for the sin of unequal yoking. And we are afraid that this may lead to excommunication unless there is a genuine proof of repentance. Pray for repentance for erring members.
C. AGKAWAYAN BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHURCH | Pas. Cris Miranda
- Thanksgiving sa katatapos naming Inter Island Couples’ fellowship last Nov. 30 hosted by Herald of grace Davao.
- New Bible study sa mga government employees ng provincial governor’s office. Naka-start na kami last week.
- Ongoing evangelism ministry. BS at PNP, Sangguniang Bayan together with Vice Mayor Marlon Dela Torre.
- Maayos na ang usapin sa lote na donated sa ABCC.
- Sis. Esme’s health. Emman ma-balance niya ang time niya bilang working student.
- God’s will sa aking father-in-law medyo mahina na. Comfort kay Sis. Esme at provision para makauwi siya ng Dumaguete at makita ang papa niya.
D. ALIJIS REFORMED BAPTIST FELLOWSHIP | Bro. Armando Rutor
- Salamat sa Panginoon dahil sa gitna ng dinadaanan naming problema as a fellowship, nandoon pa rin ang biyaya ng Panginoon at ang Kanyang pagpapatibay sa amin.
- Nagpapasalamat din ako sa MCBC brethren na patuloy kaming inaalala sa prayers.
- Tatlong taon na ang fellowship this coming first week of January, God willing.
- Patuloy na pagapatibay ng Lord sa amin sa gitna ng pagsubok na aming dinadaanan as a fellowship.
- Nawa ay mahabag ang Lord sa buhay ng mga hindi pa mananampalataya na mga attenders. Nawa ay masumpungan nila ang Panginoong Dios bilang kanilang tagapagligtas.
- Nawa ay mananatili pa rin ang sigla ng bawat isa sa amin sa paglingkod sa Panginoong Hesus.
- Nawa ay maging malinaw ang kalooban ng Lord sa fellowship especially sa meeting place ng fellowship.
E. BAGUMBONG CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY FELLOWSHIP | Bro. George Santonia
- Thanksgiving sa bagong worship place.
- Salvation sa 3 home BS, youth, kids and worship attenders.
- More open doors for BS. May mga young people at adults akong kinakausap dito sa bagong nilipatan namin, prospect for BS. Sana tumugon sila ng positibo sa BS invitation ko.
- Wisdom and guidance po para sa akin sa pangunguna sa ministry, at kay TJ sa pag handle sa youth, kay Rose sa children’s ministry.
- Spiritual growth sa mga attenders at numerical growth sa attendance.
- Kalusugan din po sa bawat pamilya ng mga attenders at pamilya ko.
- Tulong ng Panginoon sa amin ni TJ sa darating na Lord’s Day. Ako sa message si TJ sa SS.
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
- In our Sunday School, we discussed church discipline concerning disorderliness. May we be faithful to Christ’s mandate to implement corrective discipline when necessary. May we be comforted that discipline does not destroy Christ’s church. He calls His people to repent through it. Let us pray that those who are under discipline would repent and be restored in the fellowship of the church.
- In our first service, we considered the anger of man. May we continue to mortify carnal anger and the sins associated with it such as lack of self-control, impatience, unforgiving spirit, and pride. When offended, may we let God vindicate us and seek to be peacemakers. May we look to Christ’s example when we are provoked to anger.
- In our Lord’s supper meditation, we were reminded of the two-fold blessing of Christ’s coming. May we continue to praise God for Christ who is our Perfect Savior. Having been redeemed, may we seek to obey God’s law. Having been adopted, may we conduct ourselves as children of God.
2. Sunday services
- Continued delight in sanctifying the Lord’s day
- Good internet connection and audio
- Safety of all who attend the physical gathering at church
- Preachers: SS – Bro. Simon, 1S – Pas. Mike, 2S – Pas. Clyde
3. Other ministries
- Thanksgiving for the online ministries last week
- Friday – Pas. Rolly (Evangelistic Bible study)
- Sunday – Sis. Gerda (Level 1), Sis. Rosanna (Level 2), Bro. Carl (Level 3), Pas. Clyde (Youth)
- Tuesday – Pas. Clyde (Fellowship Bible study)
4. Church discipline. May God use the enacted discipline to call our brother to repentance and be restored in the fellowship of the church.
- Saturday Prayer Meeting on December 11, 9 AM.
- Everyone is welcome to attend the services at church.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
- Physical and spiritual preservation and provision
- Improved covid situation
- Healing of France and Kayla
- Sis. France – Thanksgiving for God’s covenant to His people. Thanksgiving to be counted into the fold. To keep my eyes upon Jesus. More love for Him, His Word, and His people. Salvation of Dan and Daena. Special thanks po sa love ng brethren po na damang-dama namin during our time of trial sa health ko. Talaga pong punong-puno ang puso namin sa pasasalamat sa Panginoon dahil sa work niya sa MCBC brethren. John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
- Bro. Joey – Nagpapasalamat ako sa kabutihan ng Panginoon sa akin and aking family, sa gitna ng difficult situations di Niya kami pinabayaan. May God continue to give the grace to obey and be faithful to Him even in difficult situations and be grateful to His goodness.
- Let us continue to pray for those who are sick among us.
- Diony Datoon (swollen foot), Cora (persistent headache, due for CT scan)
4. Travel. Nong (Roxas City), Morente Family (Iligan City)
- Economy – Employment and businesses
- Peace and unity