“In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.” Rom 8:26-27
I. KINGDOM CONCERNS
2. GRACE COMMUNITY BAPTIST CHURCH (Rhode Island, USA)
3. Pas. Lester of La Union
II. CHURCH CONCERNS
1. Last Sunday’s ministries.
- Let’s pray that our corporate worship would continue to be regulated by God’s word having as its centerpiece the preaching of that word.
- Let us also pray for more faithful obedience to God’s will in His word, not confusing obedience with good intentions or compensating disobedience by the performance of duty.
- Let us be thankful that we were passed over in judgment like Rahab not by a scarlet cord but by the blood of Christ.
2. This coming Sunday’s ministries. Pas Clyde will take Sunday School; Pas Rolly and Pas Mike will preach in the first and second service respectively. Pray for help in preparations and preaching. Pray for God’s presence in worship. Pray for the building up of God’s people and salvation to those who are still strangers to grace.
3. Other Ministries. Children’s Sunday School-Sisters Kemi, Rosanna, and Alice will take Levels 1,2 and 3 respectively. Trafalgar BS-Pas Rolly. Fellowship BS-Pas Clyde. Youth BS-Bro Simon
4. RBIPT2: Classes will resume this Saturday. Pray for Pas Chanski who teaches, for Pas Mike our local coordinator, and all who attend.
III. PERSONAL CONCERNS
1. Let us give thanks to God for life and breath and all things. Our strength and ability to serve come from Him. The opportunities and privileges that we have come from Him. Our safety and protection come from Him. Our wisdom and knowledge come from Him. Praise Him for His mercy, goodness and faithfulness with every day that passes.
2. Let us pray that God would sustain the strength of our medical frontliners (see list) that they would not grow weary or overburdened with their risky and laborious task of caring for the sick. They are the unsung heroes of the day. Let us pray that God would preserve them from getting sick themselves as many have died or gotten sick in the line of duty. Let us pray for their safety and well-being as the first batch to receive vaccinations for covid19.
3. Let us pray for God’s healing and working in the lives of our sick brethren: Pas. Alex, Annie, Acel, Brenda, Johnny, Louie, Delia, Chippy, Tina, Edna, Mario G, Lola Nelly, Taps, etc.
4. Let us also pray for God’s mercy in the salvation and healing of sick loved ones and friends: Pong, Conrad, Jun, Ludel, Randy, Neal, Lola Soledad, Amy, Marlyn, Bobot, Lisa P, Mayet, Diego, Mr and Mrs Abagon, Renee, Melinda, Vic Drapite, Ruby Ann, etc.
(1) Chippy-salvation for family and workers, wisdom, good health, improvement of the economy
(2) Josiah-Praise God for another year.
- To grow more in the grace of our Lord. That my relationship with Christ would grow deeper and become more intimate throughout the Christian walk.
- For health and wisdom for my parents as they continue to lead in their respective fields.
- For the salvation of my older brother Sean. Thankfully, he still attends church on Sundays. I pray that one day through the preaching of the Word, God would speak to him and call him to repentance and he would respond in faith and repentance.
(3) Alice-Kalapitan sa Panginoon at patuloy na paggabay Nya sa araw araw sa kabila ng aking kahinaan.
6. Employment. Amidst the high unemployment caused by the pandemic, let us pray that the Lord would provide jobs for our unemployed members and friends. Let us pray for those who work whether daily or irregularly that they would be protected from covid19 in the workplace and in their commute. Let us pray for a return to profitability for those engaged in business.
7. Nation. Pray that the Lord would be pleased to grant a subsiding of infections in spite of new, more potent strains discovered. Pray for the authorities that they would be able to manage the complicated vaccination process well. Pray for the efficacy and safety of the vaccines. Pray for the improvement of the economy. Pray for wisdom to the authorities in making decisions with regard to the relaxation of restrictions. Pray for God’s kingdom to advance in the salvation of sinners even under the difficulty of evangelism and follow-up under a pandemic. Pray also for the easing of tensions in the disputed waters of western Philippines.